Plants are 35 days old…I still can’t tell if they are male or female but if they are female any idea from looking at the pictures how much longer until I flip to 12/12?
I would say soon. You would typically determine time to flip by size of plants. They will continue to grow for couple weeks after flip, so you need to make sure there is room.
Give it two weeks and then you should be able to easily identify sex. After you confirm they are ladies you flip to 12/12. If there are any males separate from the females.
It looks to be a 2x2. How tall 60"+ a little? Tight fit for three regular plants (ie non feminized). Are you hoping for one or willing to cull two if all are female? I would suggest topping and LST now and also thinning out the very bottom growth that is not getting direct light. Given space limitation flip ASAP
Look for these as an indication it is mature enough to flower
Thank you very much…I’ve seen other pictures but sometimes it helps seeing an actual picture of a different plant.
It is a 3x3x72…gorilla with extension. We have LST the plants…I’ll attach a pic…see the yarn…smile… We started with 5…one never came through the soil…one showed balls two weeks ago…we are hoping the last three make it to harvest but if any balls show the plant is pulled.
Day 35…18/6…5 gal FFOF…BioCanna Veg and Bloom…2 tsp/gal…started this week.
Funny I didn’t recognize the tent. I have a 3x3x7 GT except my ceiling isn’t tall enough for the extension.
I usually grow four fem photos. It can certainly handle them provided I keep them maintained.
This is the remains of 4 purple haze
They were fast strong growers so I only vegged for 55 days.
The one matured quickly. I have not grown regular seeds, I have not wanted to deal with spending personal energy & time on a plant I won’t grow out or any interest in breeding
Wow…you put tubes in your ‘planters’…I suggested that and hubs said I was crazy! Thanks again for another great pic…and dang looks like you did good!!! My time is coming!
I was experimenting with sub irrigation planters (SIP) (self-watering) It worked fantastically until 5-6th of flower at which time the pH of the peat medium went off the tracks. Rather than fighting it and trying to correct it and finish with the SIP I converted the buckets to draining top feed planters.
If you have seen any of my threads you know I like pictures. This is the harvest from my failed yet successful experiment
I only have two in the tent this grow. Clones from the plants hanging
But I have six more in this little SOG fun time grow
Good luck with your plants.
If that’s a failed -successful experiment I’ll take that every day and twice on sunday’s. Nice looking ladies you have there bro.
Thank you kindly. I would have liked to see those planters through to the end but did not want to risk messing the girls up.
Holy shit…holy shit…holy shit! Ok I’ll be spending some time in your posts…thanks so much for chiming in!
@beardless do I recall that you figured out the reason for your pH issues in the SIP buckets?
You will enjoy browsing thru @beardless journal’s I have learned a few thing’s from reading them. Happy Growing.
Cool use of PVC there. You have rock/gravel in the bottom and use the PVC to get fresh air down there?
The 1" PVC is actually water intake to fill the reservoir in the outside bucket. Google 5-gallon bucket SIP. All sorts of configurations but all the same concept.
What I think I needed to do was to give the soil (peat in this case) a thorough flush before going into flower. I may have compounded the issue by using a lot of AN along with Jacks. Maybe if it was Jacks only I may not have run into pH issues. Ultimately my fix was to flush - major flooding of the peat and drill holes in the outside bucket so it no longer acted as a reservoir. You know how the best laid plans sometimes works out.
thanks I enjoy putting them together.
Your welcome Sir.
That might be the nicest compliment I have received. I am in the learning process too.