When are the plants considered to be in VEG?

I’m in agreement with @Donaldj in when its considered to be in veg I start at same time 5th set of true leaves
Which will be around the 30 day mark give or take a few days

2 Likes

mine Veg for 9 weeks, however the time does begin as soon as they sprout, so under T5 light and in a cloning box, for the first two weeks roughly, use your best judgment, I remove mine from the cloning box, when I have roots growing from under the cube, out from underneath the cube, out the sides but that’s just me, That gives me 6 weeks under bright lights but not full power, I found last year, that if I added the four corner light’s even at only 54 watts per light, it evenly spread the light to the under canopy branches, provided the plants are rotated 1/4 of a turn, per plant, per day, not only do they bush but they grow taller, I keep a journal with pic’s at the end of each week,I have done it for a long time, the gradual progression of the plant’s, is most noted with the addition of the corner light’s, the side light’s are red and blue with no control over what light is running that’s it for them red and blue, nothing I can do can change that, but the light above is of course your bread and butter if you will, keeping in mind to keep the above light 12" to 18" away from the top of the plant, that is according to the manufacturer and your par meter, I use viparspectra 600 for above and 54w waterproof side lights from galaxy hydro, waterproof side lights are a must, foliar spraying would infiltrate the light cover if not.

1 Like

If you don’t want to purchase a dome you can cut the bottom off from a 2 liter (or 1 liter) soda bottle and put that over the plant. It essentially does the same thing as the dome.

2 Likes

What about after they pop out? Then do you water the medium?

@Deer1. Not necessarily. If they’re still in the small container (solo cup/etc.) Keep spraying them… obviously as they get bigger, spray more to get the H2O to the roots. I let my girls get “root bound” before transplanting into 5 gallon buckets.

2 Likes

I like to take mine from the clone box, to the last home they will ever know lol

3 Likes

I have had best results just sprying often several times a day if possible. I use no domes and keep cfl light at 2 inches.

that sounds pretty solid to me,there is different opinions but i believe the 4-5 node logic also…so there is my opinion lol
that is when i tried to top mine…lol i think i missed 1 1/2 of them lol i’m not sure how i done that,i was probably high at the time!

2 Likes

Lol probably @BIGE hahahaha
It happens maybebyou get three tops like I did :+1::grin:CB

2 Likes

Mathew is right, soon as they pop their pretty little heads up until time for them to bud which will be when the male pops out it flower pods, which it’s always a good idea to have a male handy to knock​up one female for the next generation of your weed. Unless you just like paying high price for seeds.

I have to be honest, compared to the over 1 pound of buds I got from 6 seeds, it doesn’t seem that expensive. I certainly don’t want seeds in my buds.

Didn’t ask you to, I been growing for over 40 years an only use one plant
to get the next generation yo grow but I grow it by the field not the plsnt

Not meaning any offense ,sorry if this t sounded that way, I just trying to
understand why but seeds do much when you can get a thousand from one plant
and at $10! S seed make $10000 off one plant but I give mine away free of
charge to help those that can’t afford it

1 Like

You should have that light about 30 in. above the top of the plant… you may even want to go as high as 36 in. for a seedling.

During the first 3 weeks though, I use CFLs. This is what most consider the seedling stage. I use 4 - 23w 6500k Daylight Delux CFLs (~$10 for a 4 pack at Home Depot) and hang those about 6 inches above the seedlings. Then around week 2 or 3 switch to the leds. I use a Higrow 600w LED that I found on Amazon that has exceeded my expectations.

that would be great! @Countryboyjvd1971 i’m not as lucky as you! lol

1 Like

hahahaha

If it wasn’t for bad luck I’d have none bro nothing ever goes smoothly for me
I think that’s why I like growing the plants do most of the work with a little help from me and I get all the credit lol
Well in my case it was a pleasant surprise and you never know think positive lol

1 Like

ohh i’m thinking positive,my grow is alive and well! no stuns,or stunts so far this round just steady upward growth!!! that is a win for me!lol

1 Like

That’s sounds like a win to me too lol @BIGE
So let me ask you option @Willd
I spoke to majiktoker and was told I will be ok so I not worried about it
My Gorilla glue tent I have 5 plants
One being the three top ssh that I was planning on putting out but it growing so nice in the tent I don’t I going to
One of the Gorilla Glue plants after a week and a couple days in 12/12 is now up to my chest so maybe 4 feet. Tall I’m 6 foot tall
I’m thinking of putting her out instead she should become a monster if I’m thinking correctly
What are your thoughts bro :thinking:

So the big one is obviously back left the ssh is center a little hard to see but in the center lol

1 Like

To me my plants are in veg from the time they have the second set of leaves (1 set of true leaves) until the natural outdoor light cycle forces them to flower some time in August. I FIM at the 4th node and FIM all those again at the new 4th node. If I weren’t going for height so I don’t cripple myself bent over filling out my SCROG I’d top or FIM them again.
@Countryboyjvd1971 If you can get any of them outside, you’ll be glad you did.

1 Like

lol,you have a full house there john…you are going to shun one to the green house? lol

1 Like