When and what to do next?

I have 3 white widow auto at this stage. I’ve had several get the cotyledons and tiny first leaves. Then I killed them. It was accidental cannibicide.

When do I start a light? CFL?

When should they go in dirt? I wanted to do hydroponics but decided to just get adult plants first…before I try that considering my pathetic track record.

They will be indoor. I have a 4x4x8 tent all ready with lights, etc.

Any help ya’ll can offer will be awesome.

@TheScot welcome mate is a great forum an they have a grow bible an great members which will help with any info :slight_smile:
generally if you get a tap root on your seed it is time to plant into medium and use your cfl you have :slight_smile:
good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

If ur doing soil id say carefully rip that rock wool open and plant that bad baby white root down in yhe soil no pressure or anything so u dont break that root. If auto out it in its final home now to save any stress issues. Good luck. Light as soon as u see green sticking above soil. U can use a dome to keep cotys from drying out til u get some good leaves goong.

2 Likes

What is the reason to remove it from the Rockwool? Won’t the roots grow out and I to the soil?

Well u will know which way to plant the tap and u can go a little shallower in the soil with kust the seed with tail. Ull have to bury the whole cube this way. I believe the root system will spread a little faster in the soil itself also

Ok. Makes sense. I’m just curious, not doubting.

1 Like

Also, people tend to keep the rock wool too wet. May be why you’ve lost the ones you have

3 Likes

Was gonna just say this plus will rockwool change the ph at all of the soil and throw off the plant. Ive only used rockwool in my hydro bucket

2 Likes

I’ve never used it but have read many many times about it being too wet, holding water. Other than that I don’t know anything about it🤣

2 Likes

That all makes total sense. I’ll get the dirt ready and transfer them. Use a dome for humidity until they have good leaves and keep a journal too. Thank you all!!!

Transplanted the little buggers into 5 gal.grow bags with a light 24 inches above. 3 oz of water and a dome to keep humidity up and buffer temperature changes.

At 24 hours all 3 are very happy and getting their first true leaves.

1 Like

I used Coco Loco soil … it is available at the local garden shop

great reference.

Thanks for the help!!! They are about 3 inches tall and just starting to get the second leaves. It is a little cold for them but they are happy!