When a newbie says he has a 1000W light

5-hlg 135w. 3-288v2 3000k, 2-288 rspec.

3 Likes

Like a said mine has been great so far. Mandy at Meiju is pretty good to deal with too.

They are using a discontinued LB301B chip (LB301H is not that much better) and a driver without a potential meter. For what you are doing ,you will never know the difference. Good buy

1 Like

The driver comes with a potentiometer/dimmer already installed.

1 Like

I’m a noob started with a $60 led on Amazon advertise as 1000w really draws 100 then got a sun system decimator xxxl 8in hood ballast and 1000w hortilux bulb for $60 couldn’t pass that up so put that in my tent ran it on 600 all summer finally starting to be able to run it on 1000 now it’s cooling down. And every inch of my tent is filled with beautiful buds. Use the led as a veg room for a few seedlings and keep my 6x6x8 tent is only a 12/12 flower with the hps

1 Like

i bought a $149 led from amazon, then i bought a hlg 65 then i bought a spider farm and then i woke up.

6 Likes

I started this thread just to make jest of newbies thinking they had a 2000W light and the site mentors saying the same think over and over again (please give the make and model of your light because I believe it’s not a 2000W light ).what made it so funny is ,most people on this forum was that guy or girl at one point. Yes some of these master growers here had a blurple grow lights and posting those ridiculous and unviewable purple pictures of their grows.(I can hear them now ,can you please post a pic in natural light LOL).But this thread turned into something else. Wasn’t intended to make fun of anyone’s light.

3 Likes

Most do (myself included) because starting out you don’t want to drop big bucks on something that you might not stick with. There are plenty of things I’ve started and realized it’s just not for me. I still have and use my original blurples in my veg tents. They are really good veg lights.

4 Likes

I am by no means a master grower still a rookie by all means i cant wait to upgrade to a 1000 watt light. I use to spiderfarm leds “equivalent to blah blah blah” first thing i learned is blurples are not the move. But my older cousin grows autos under 80 dollar blurples and swears its fire. They look like the christmas trees that come inna box you put together.

Some people just dont have that kind of money and need the best advice in budget…I bought a burple thinking it was the shit, it was even recommended on 2 grow sites other than this one! Then all these vets laughed at me, but only 1 helped. And I took that person’s advice. You attract more honey with sugar than you do vinegar.

Anyways… I have a 260 watt true LED, that said 1200 watts…

Just replaced it with a vivosun 600 watt hps/mh. With a 200/400/600/full lumens still dont know if I got this. Def on that beer budget, expecting some beer…lol I’m also no vet. But read, read, read trying to get this down.

2 Likes

I understand budget concerns and economic restraints unfortunately my wife is an accountant. The point of my comment was people spend massive amounts of money buying smoke and then think they can grow it with a loose change budget. It doesn’t work that way, growing is an investment can has to be looked at in that way. @DDGreenRay . And I agree read all you can but always question everything. In today’s world you can write about anything and actual knowledge in that area is not required.

4 Likes

Definitely agree I read, and thought I had it down numeroustimes only to read more and realize I back tracked and messed up. I just wish I had champagne money you know. I’m so dumbfounded about it all I have no choice but to educate myself. I figured I could plant a seed, water it, and change the lights and I’d have high times… I know my first grow was fire, but it hermied which takes away that fire feeling. .

You will also find major differences like what works for me may not have the same results for you. I tried other people’s recommendations and some worked and some didn’t. I find that each grower has a unique style they settle into of techniques that work for them.

4 Likes

Yeah I def cant build a light. Anyone doing that deserves a reward. I need a few books for dummies… lol. I had to read a few kids books learning how to crochet at one point. I think it’s awesome to be self reliant and self taught though. Education is key to many ways in life.

3 Likes

Hey don’t sell your self short, I built my light in twenty minutes from a you tube video. So anybody can do it.

2 Likes

You should watch the video on assembly of an HLG kit. It’s surprisingly simple. Lots of the DIY kits are that easy. IKEA furniture is more complicated

5 Likes

Yeah neo the hardest part of a kit build is wire stripping.

1 Like

Seriously? I got this then. I just need to learn… cus IKEA is… all over my house lol…

3 Likes

Here’s some pics of my build. All it required was screwing it together and stripping a couple wires. Then the wiring clips together in provided connectors.

1 Like

That’s a cool light. Discontinued, right? Have you had any harvests with it?