Whats your reasoning for growing?

I grow mainly because I can. I have always done so ever since I was a young boy. It helps me connect to the Divine at times. Huh?

She speaks to me- in patterns and connections, signs and synchronicities, and all sorts of gifts. When her “magic” rises and I become aware, then I know I am truly blessed. It helps make life a wild adventure.

It is a connection of sorts- a source of incredible strength, coming to me when I need it most.

It can be many different things to many different people and affects us all in different ways. This is Super Lemon Haze

8 Likes

I BEEN using weed for years illeagelly andnow legally chronic pain failed fusion S-2 to L-3 arthursis everywhere. My wife added how much we spend and boom we now grow for pain relief and sleep

Very glad we live where we can grow and sit out back in the garden smoke and soak up the sun like a old gator @Graysin @Vahillybilly @

7 Likes

We are semi rural with great privacy. Your comment made me laugh thinking of my wife spending hours on our Simplicity mower with a lit J in hand and a cloud of smoke behind her.

5 Likes

I feel most when it comes to back issues. Nov 1988, I had t5 repaired while in the navy. Herniated disc.

Capt Webster did not fuse mine, he said scar tissue would grow in.

Im just now getting the va to up my 20 percent. Funny, if i got out when i had surgery, full medical. So when i did leave, automatic 20 percent. 30 years plus and my ears get a rating and my back will eventually be up.

May try to get medical prescription

1 Like

Yes I walk around the garden puffing on a J. Picking veggies , watering. @Graysin @@Tylersays @Woodrow @JaneQP @Newt

5 Likes

So what is the scoop on the red tape in Texas?. I didn’t figure I would live to see Texas legal.

It may be right around the corner if Oklahoma goes for this year. With NM, CO, and AZ legalizing, Arkansas and Missouri right around the corner (at least voting hopefully this year), it’ll be Texas and Louisiana left - and it looks like Louisiana is already significantly more flexible in their penalties. Strange times.

2 Likes

Not while current governor is in office. His stance has always been never.

Somebody mentioned tx ag commissioner pushing for it. Ag bill mentioned hemp, not sure of other.

We sold our cow calf herd in april. Small operators took it in the shorts hard at sale barns during and after corona v. Feedlots and packers got paid.

I can only hope it gets legalized soon.

3 Likes

If only there was some mechanism by which you could replace your representatives with ones that are more aligned with your views.
Wouldn’t it be a wonderful place if we could do that? Almost like some kind of ranking system where the person getting the most support wins the race…like a poll or some kind of vote.
Must be some the weed cause that sounds like some kind of Utopian dream!

I don’t know though. We were once one “color” here and then that “color” changed and POOF! Legal weed in a few short years. Much better time frame than never I guess.
It’s nice sniffing the sweet wafting smells from my deck ladies while the neighborhood kids play in the distance and the cop next door washes his car.
That’s peace.

5 Likes

Well, I just started growing and about to finish my first grow! Will be harvesting this weekend. Very excited! I do not smoke myself. I am growing for my Dad. He is 61 years old and the best Dad anyone could ask for. I never met my Mother, she left me and my Dad right after she had me. My Dad raised me my whole life! He’s great! Anyways I started growing for him!

9 Likes

Age and term limits

4 Likes

We all need to vote that backwards thinking governor out!

1 Like

As for now, there is medical. I think strains csn only reach like 5% or something for the dispensaries. It’s also for extreme conditions. You can grow hemp if you get an agricultural license, which isn’t really hard, its just a lot of paperwork and I’m horrible with that sxxx. But my wife and I are getting our ducks in a row, so if/when it really happens, we’ll already have our hash-laden finger on the trigger.

3 Likes

What??? A representative democracy???

That may work but I’m more inclined to prohibit gerrymandering and non representative redistricting. Second in line is eliminating voter suppression.

3 Likes

That would be term limits. Kinda like 6 plus years of the same flavor, thc content, never changes, thus my reason for growing our own.

Trouble with discussing political, you can rarely state ones opinion without having someone debate you about it.

2 Likes

Agree. No politics just grade school civics.

My dad taught government and free-enterprise during my hs days.

1 Like

I started growing when it went medical in MO at first was against getting med card but a buddy of mine found a strain that I absolutely fell in love with Ghost OG and it was over after that so I got my card and to the dispensary I went was like a kid in a candy store then the wife brought me down to reality and showed me the amount of money being spent :exploding_head: so I had to make a change and said that’s it I’m growing my own I’m not trying to make money with it but saving money was one of the biggest reasons till I actually started and harvested for the first time and now growing for me is like crack to a crackhead :metal:t3::100:

7 Likes

I started growing for 2 reasons. First (but not the most important reason) is money. I use around 50g a month, and at around 20 usd a gram, it was getting quite pricey every month…

But the true reason is just to strengthen the bond with this amazing plant even further. I’ve been smoking it for close to 2 decades now, but always just had the finished product in hand. I’ve always wanted to see the full process, from seed to harvest, and it got legalized here a few months ago, so, nothing to hold me back anymore :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats on the legalization in your state, i guess i will be a covert grower soon.

Felt that way towards mother natures plants my self.

God made grass, man made booze, who would you trust, :thinking:

4 Likes