What's Your (Other) Hobby?

I bet there are a few. You can can look them up. Google search. Ham radio repeaters… Your city… search…

1 Like

I just put this up. It’s works 40 to 10 meters. The gulf of Mexico is behind the trees. I get a Hella bounce off the water…

2 Likes

This is a 2mtr/70ctm and 23 cntm vertical. Im running a ICOM 9700 off of it. @ 100 watts, I can hit towers 80 miles away. Two of those towers are linked for full coast to coast access!

1 Like

Here are the current towers showing in South Dakota.

1 Like

nice, I’m motocross with a on /off KTM350 ALSO. diggin the ham radio, my uncle had one spoke to peeps all over the world.

1 Like

I myself was just wondering what other hobby’s people are doing. and I found this post. I have a 1968 Tbird and a 1969F100 they are my mechanical hobbies, my wife and I are Paranormal investigators, we were part of a bigger group but it dissolved so it’s just me and the Mrs. I have family that race Motocross, I have a class A license started with a class B then the A came for my job change. Anyways just curious

Off-grid solar and Bluebirds

4 Likes

Props on the Bluebirds! My dad built and maintained a few boxes when he was alive.

Are you running your grow from solar? That would be awesomely cool to do!
I’d get a second Diablo and 4x4 if I could do that!

Nice! And I like the way you think!

1 Like

@Tylersays

Afraid not using the solar for my grow room but I guess I theoretically could. Funny I just noticed the photo of solar had a tiny little test battery I used Now I have four large 135 lb each batteries.

Instead using the solar to run pond pumps, security system, power receptacles, lights etc for an unattached garage and small backyard wildlife habitat so to speak.

I also had installed an 8 birdhouse bluebird trail at work since we have a hundred acre campus and I knew what to do.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I am personally a big 2A guy. Been an advocate, instructor and counselor for firearms for a while. I also have 2 poison dart frogs Charon & Ryuk in a bioactive vivarium and building a bioactive setup for my wife to get a bearded dragon soon.
Also my wife and I are huge nerds / gamers. We spend most of our free time gaming and or watching anime.
Also I build cars for racing / fun. I’ve always been the take a 4cyl and make it faster than the V8 kind of guy but love all things that go fast.

5 Likes

That’s cool af! :frog:

1 Like

def skateboarding

Thanks and I always wanted for years after seeing one at the zoo. Especially when I saw they are some of the most poisonous things on earth and the most poisonous amphibians. Then I found out that once they are taken out of the wild and /or captive bred they lose their toxicity. Something with a very specific diet in the forest nobody knows what but if they don’t eat it they are safe to handle / own.

4 Likes

Glad you added that about them losing their toxicity. Cool. :v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It’s pretty wild about them. They think it’s the specific ants that eat specific poisonous plants and by eating them that eat the plants and everything breaks down a certain way voila they are crazy poisonous lol. Wild how the world works, plants and animals :thinking:

2 Likes

I am quite interested in poisonous animals. Here’s my contribution a photo I took at 65’ on a wall in the Philippines.

Blue Ring Octopus

5 Likes

Oh man that’s awesome, I want one of those so bad. I looked into it hard lol

I don’t think they lose their toxicity… never seen a pet Blue Ring. :v: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Oh yea they do not lol and it’s partly illegal to own which is why I didn’t do it. I will though one day own one, something coolabout the beauty of it for one but knowing it can F you up is cool to me :joy:

1 Like

Yeah they can put you to sleep permanently… how would you move it while you clean it’s tank? :v: :sunglasses:

1 Like