What's Your (Other) Hobby?

Oh-oh ! … I hope you’re not near Llano County!? All my ex’s don’t live in Texas but one does live in Llano County and trust me, nobody should be near her !

Lol no that’s North of me and thanks I will stay away from that county

this is pretty cool…

14 Likes

Gonna smoke some ribs this weekend I will post some pics

That is really cool. We mostly smoke fish around here. Salmon and steelhead. Alder is the traditional wood followed by apple. Madrone never heard of anyone using it but its probably the hardest wood in the Pacific northwest. I have a lot of cherry wood that I use. And a 60 gallon drum made into a bbq. Pretty lame when stacked up against the true bbq masters.

2 Likes

My wife and I enjoy horseback riding. Nothing is more therapeutic than riding in the mountains, just you and nature. We kid about never coming back and just becoming squatters lol.

11 Likes

That’s totally steam punk :tophat: I can see you out there in a white top coat and goggles with a four foot long fork.

My hobby is a little colder…lol
and I have a problem with speed.

14 Likes

Nice looking palomino… I have a pally named Jackson that looks a lot like that one… my ol’lady’s favorite horse… the other, that’s a dun right? I don’t have any duns…couple of paints, couple of fresian crosses, a rocky mountain, and some just plain ol cow bred quarter horses

this is Titan, my Rocky Mountain…most reliable sure footed horse I have ever seen…

this is Maximus, my paint… he is a one person horse and will kick the crap out of strangers…he is small, but he protects the herd,…and the dad…

this is Titan demonstrating his patience, lol…

7 Likes

I thought I liked cold climates but couple years ago it hit the teens and dang Nabbit that was cold enough lol

@Oak, very nice. You are correct, she is a Dunn. This is our other paint, all quarter horses just family pets but we love riding when we can.

Three is more than enough for us, I feel your pain taking care of all your :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

nice… I have a paint like that one… this is “Dancer” (Peagus’ Dancing Star) she just turned three this year…almost 16 hands already very eager mare,…looks like she might be smart too, lol.

So true…
I think I have spent as much money on hi tech clothing as on my sled.
It’s all good cuz the scenery like in the picture is awe inspiring especially after a good storm

1 Like

You guys can have all my cold and snow! :thumbsdown:

This is my favorite hobby 6 months of the year! :thumbsup:

10 Likes

Our season lasts longer.

Here is my preference though…

Unfortunately, the county decided to keep us away from a favorite camping spot.

They burned down our bridge. Now if we want to camp on the island, we have to ferry everything across the river.

I enjoy watching the swamps waking up. Luckily the river is only a 50ft. swim.

5 Likes

that first picture kinda looks like my fishing pond out back.

Wow, small world… Ours is also named dancer. She’s dual registered as a tobiano and paint. Beautiful blue eyes. What’s the odds of same name right?
Thanks for sharing brother, wish legalities were different and sharing locations were easier. Always up for new riding buddies. I will say we spent a week in south fork recently riding anywhere from 8 to 20 miles a day. Awesome trails and well worth the travel.

The other north flowing river. The Ocklawaha. Silver Springs feeds into it about 10 miles upriver. It flows into Lake George and then into the St. John’s River.

Beautiful land and only 5 minutes away instead of an hour to either coast.

Awesome land but I am good when it comes to water in Fla.
I ran across this guy on the 18 tee at Highland Ridge north course

1 Like

yeah… that’s part of the reason I moved out of Louisiana, lol.