What's Your (Other) Hobby?

AUDIO!

5 Likes

@Audiofreak I saw your record players and thought you might like this

2 Likes

Very pretty, retro. But I’m “sick” when it comes to the sound.

Despite the 100+ temps in TX, I am trying to get out each morning while it is still below 90 degrees and shoot a few arrows at the target.

My son is going to hunt deer with me with bow this year. I have a good feeling that he might be successful this year. I am going to do his calling and take a camera to try and film him. I have killed a buck (several) with bow but he has not. I would like to see him get one with a bow.

October cannot come soon enough for me ! ! Big%20Buck%202

He made it through the season last year without getting shot. We are hoping to change his luck this year. I haven’t seen him yet this year, but several others on the lease have seen him.
ARROWS UP ! ! :us::man_farmer:

7 Likes

My herbivore wife is on the prowl for this

6 Likes

Fresh hand made garden salsa pico de gallo etc serve with corn tortillas toasted crisp in the oven or chips ( I used to cut stacks of tortillas into wedges but toasting them whole is a lot easier than laying out 3 dozen triangles on a wire rack)
Or as a condiment for tacos, burritos, tostadas, burgers, or dogs or sausages too why the heck not?

lots of tomatoes seeded and drained & loosely chopped
1 red marble cippolini onion finely diced
2 serrano pepper seeded and minced
5-6 cilantro stems minced
4 cloves garlic minced (I have a little tool to do that)
1 tbs olive oil
pinch salt and fresh ground mixed peppercorns
Mix it all together, let it sit for a couple of hours for best flavor.

5 Likes

Hey guys, my other hobby and side hustle, extra cash for this hobby, is painting miniatures. I’ve been painting professionally for about 10 years.

Here’s a couple pics of my latest work.

7 Likes

@Familyman awesome work my friend, very finicky must have a great pulse

1 Like

Add kayaking to the list!
We picked up a pair of 10 footers for $170/ea last week @ WalMart.
We’ve been out a couple of times nearby on fresh water and love it. I’m picking up another one for my stepson Liam this morning.
We’re DownEast bound Sunday to do some coastal paddling to a private island beach for swimming (maybe) & a picnic.

5 Likes

Ok so no swimming will happen. (At least not voluntarily) I’ll go one better and say that wet suits are going to be a must for a coastal paddling anytime outside of August

2 Likes

Very Nice , very talented , do you them free land and do you do any other art. I love art myself , scetching and oil painting. Im starting to explore water colors but I don’t make any money from my hobbies , Just passion

MBgrower

1 Like

Morning @Willd

This vacation stuff is causing me to miss my mornings!! Second day home and woke with a start at 7.
Careful out there. It’s my understanding that ocean paddling with swells, currents and tides can be a tricky thing in a kayak (they make ocean kayaks with, I think, a deeper keel and some other features). Had a supervisor that used to paddle all over Belgrade. He tried the ocean and it was not fun for him.

3 Likes

a guy is in town right now who is kayaking the arkansas river from the great divide to the gulf of mexico…
not sure i’m up for all that…lol

1 Like

yes understood. We’re sticking close to shore in a pretty protected area to start. And bringing a length of floating life line. If there’s even the slightest inkling of paddling against a current, excessive wind, or choppy water, we’re heading inland to paddle on flat water instead. The tide will be at it’s lowest and starting to come in while we’re there as well so that oughta help. These things aren’t meant for paddling for any distance or duration. We got them to access otherwise inaccessible little islands DownEast a few hundred yards off the shore to lounge and picnic and for wildlife & foliage watching inland.
We did this one a couple of days ago during lunch break.

Hopefully this is just as easy

5 Likes

Whitetails%20on%20the%20run

Was looking through some pictures and came on this. It reminds me of some of the hunts I had back in the early 60’s. We almost always had snow by the second week of gun season and scenes like this were common to me. I basically lived in the woods during deer season. Even got my girlfriend to hunt !

This year will be 90+ degrees all season where I will hunt. Going bow only this year and want to get 2 or three doe unless I run across a buck just begging to be shot. The doe tastes much better in my opinion, they don’t have all that testosterone running through the meat. Am practicing 25-30 arrows daily in this 100 degree heat but it will pay off in the fall.

Also want to try to call in a buck for my son so he can get his first bow kill. The calls and black rack called in deer out of season so I am hopeful I am successful in calling them in during his hunt. I am also going to try to film it for him.

Hope you are all having good grows, I will be starting one just before gun season in November. Take care
Jerry :us::man_farmer:

4 Likes

Bow Season is only 60 days away. Seems like I come alive in the fall, has always been my favorite time of the year.

I am going to NYS for my 45th HS Class reunion. Going to take my bow and buy an out of state permit. Going to give it to my sister and an old friend that has run on hard times back home. We went to school together for 11 years.

Can’t wait to see the old hunting grounds again. Haven’t hunted there in 30 years. Still plenty of big deer available in the area I lived in according to my friends. :us::man_farmer:

3 Likes

You can’t really tell from this photo, but we’re a mile or so off shore on one of the many places off the coast of Maine named Crow Island.

6 Likes

7 Likes

that little beach alone would be worth the trip for me…lol

3 Likes

Great shots @Willd
Maine, the way life should be!!

3 Likes