What's your go to recipe for making your own vape

What is your favorite recipe for making your own vape? The one I am going to try is.
8 grams decarbed bud
2 cups vegetable glycol
Polyglycol as needed to thin I think
And then put in something like magic butter machine for 6 to 8 hrs then strain through fine mesh, or cheese cloth etc. Thoughts? I got the recipe if I remember it right from a magazine publication.

1 Like

I make qwet, distill the alcohol out of to get the concentrate and mix with the liquidizer I bought from terps usa about 8 drops of liquidizer to a gram of concentrats ( this run using zkittles terps). Stir thoroughly and fill the carts. Everyone that’s had some loves it. I use quick wash of decarbed buds for the carts and then do a more thorough extract and use that for other projects. I spent a lot of time on the phone with terps usa tech support and came away feeling pretty good about my process. Have also used rosin from a press. I like the first way better.

3 Likes

I hear you can run your qwet ( when its still full of alcohol)through a special vacuum beaker with a filter top attachment to remove excess fat and lipids to make it extra smooth

1 Like

I do winterize a couple times until there’s no sediment but if something can speed up the process without too much added cost I’m interested

I have to research qwet…lol. You guys are speaking a foreign language…lol.

1 Like

In a nutshell it’s quick wash ethanol tincture. I take decarbed bud and put in a qt Mason jar and freeze and when frozen I pour everclear that’s been in the freezer over this. Shake vigorously for a couple mins then strain. This gives the qwet. I then refreeze and strain through coffee filters a couple times. That’s the qwet. Use as is for tincture or cook off the alcohol and the concentrate thats left is what I use for carts can also use for dosing anything you want to make. Cookies ,candy, drinks. Look at the concentrates category tons of stuff

2 Likes

Awesome, I will try this!!

What brand vape cartridges are you guys/gals using

1 Like

Sad that Amazon doesn’t allow carts. Without making it a link, I like gypsyvapes. Local smoke shops also sell empty vape carts about 5 bucks each. The ones I bought are refillable so when the wife needs a refill she takes the one I’ve cleaned and refilled for her then I clean and refill the one she just used up. 760 glass also a good source

I’ve been using SPRK ceramic cartridges I’ve gone through over 20 so far my only complaint is they are fragile being made out of ceramic. They tend to break at the base after the 1st or 2nd refill. Out of 20 I have around 10 left.

1 Like

Haven’t had a break yet.

I’m rough on them they get banged around a lot

Here’s 3 that broke at the bottom

This is where they break

1 Like

Maybe it’s not the cart, common denominator is you lol. I got this battery from 760 glass. It keeps the cart tucked away and has 3 settings. My wife really likes it. Also looks like keyfob with the car keys.

3 Likes

Oh I know it’s me but if the base was made of metal I wouldn’t be breaking so many. I like the SPRK cartridges a lot but because I’m so rough on them I need something stronger.

1 Like

I was just pokin at ya, I guess you know I didn’t mean any offense. Sorry if it came off any other way.

1 Like

I didn’t take any offense at all I appreciate any and all opinions and input. Sometimes I can come off a little rough but it’s not intended. It’s just that I’m passionate about some things. Weed being just one of those things.

1 Like

I want to try pressing flower into rosin, then dilute with turpenes. Saw it on YouTube, must be true

1 Like

I did it using my wifes hair straightener. If I had an actual press I would probably do all this way