What's your favorite carbon filter?

i mostly only see vivosun. i bought one and after 10 weeks of flower i think it’s already pooping out. i have a 6" AC infinity fan in just a 2x4 and it’s on full blast and still not keeping up with humidity. i suspect the filter. who has an alternative that doesn’t (or does) suck?

i have a new 3x5 tent ready for the next grow with the same 6" AC fan and given my 2x4 experience, it’s not gonna be enough. but it should be. thoughts?

also, when they get old and need replacing, we supposed to toss the whole thing? i’m hoping not… seems horribly wasteful.

I think @imSICKkid uses Terrabloom with good results. Lets see if Im right.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Activated-Charcoal-Australian-Charcoal-Great-Hydroponics/dp/B06X6GDHQ2/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=terrabloom&qid=1570478141&sr=8-9

1 Like

yeah was looking at that on amazon and wondering if it was worth the extra $$. sad that i’ve become beholden to only things offered there. seems like they have larger sizes too that have the same duct circumference which is great.

ha yep and that’s the one. triple the price.

1 Like

I’ve only ever had my 6” Can-Lite seems to work with my AC Infinity great.

3 Likes

I use the terrabloom one with 100% effectiveness. Except I use the 8" one. I’m sure the 6" is just as good

3 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of people talk about the phresh carbon filters. That’s what I was going to look into when the time came

4 Likes

hadn’t heard of that one either. all of a sudden all these other filters are coming up in my search and only vivosun popped up earlier :thinking:

1 Like

I think that one sick kid had a Phresh at first, can you confirm?

2 Likes

wow, thanks folks. talk about instant answers.

I started with a cheap filter(vivosun) and got cheap results. A filter that’s anywhere south of $100.00 bucks is usually not great

4 Likes

alrighty, done deal. returning the vivosun i have lined up and ordered a 18" for the 2x4 and a 24" for the 3x5. wish it had occurred to me sooner that the filter may have been bogging down my fan. many thanks.

1 Like

I like phresh too. If for some reason I couldn’t get the one I typically buy, I would try mountain air. Those are supposedly “the best”.

4 Likes

dang, yet another name i didn’t know. cool, thanks. good to have an arsenal for future grows. ordered the Terrabloom for this round and will see how that goes- should be here tomorrow and then will finally be ready to get rolling. so glad i didn’t hang the vivosun yet.

1 Like

I’m using “ipower” brand. Running a 4" on an AC Infinity T series in a small (2x2x4) tent. I’m 6 almost 7 weeks into a blue cheese auto grow and so far it’s working as it should.

2 Likes

Hey @LandShark! welcome to ILGM!

i think the ipower and vivosun are on par with each other. i made it about 8 weeks before my house started to smell. if you find yourself in the market, bookmark this thread, lots of great suggestions. it made me realize i’m WAY too dependent on amazon and their search engine, because NONE of these came up for me when i was originally looking.

hope your grow gives you lots of blue cheese! looks like a great strain.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome KinSEDC, I’ll keep that in mind!

1 Like

Get ahold of Vivosun and let them know what’s going on they have great Customer Service

2 Likes

i’ll let them know but i also think there are just products for different budgets. i thought a filter was a filter and bought cheap. and it’s not like it was terrible, it’s just finishing out it’s limited lifespan. i would like to find out if they can recycle. i hope folks aren’t throwing away these metal casings every few months.

1 Like