Whats wrongwith my babies?

Newby trying hydro… these dont look healthy? Help

Well I am brand new to this forum too, since I frantacally posted this , I have read a bunch of these posts and learned a lot!
My ph was off the charts and my led was to close! Plus I’ve been leaving light on 24/7, I’m adjusting ph, raising led to 24” and letting it rest 6 hrs a night…
I’ll keep you informed! This is great! Thanks

3 Likes

@peachfuzz can you assist here
@Donaldj also lol
Ph issues ? Get your ph corrected asap and that should help with the girls watch new growth for healthiness old damaged leaves probably would correct them selves
@Riverghost welcome to the forum
Im a soil guy but tagged in a few of the hydro guys i know

1 Like

Welcome to the forum…
Ph 5.6 to 5.9 … anywhere in that range…
Ppm 100 to 200 anywhere in that range…
Water temp … 65 to 75 deg should be fine…
As much air as you can pump into the reservoir…
Are those lil net cups or are you just using the lil neoprene collars?

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for helping out peach
Your the man brother

1 Like

I have added over a pound of baking soda and still over 7. Thought I’d give it some time to settle and check again

Thanks for the reply!! This forum is awesome!!
I bet ghat why my little sponges were turning green!

1 Like

Neoprene sponges

Your water level is to high… it looks like your putting the neoprene collars inside of the net cups… which is fine , but you need to lower the water level until there’s a 1 inch air gap between the bottom of the net pots and water line… your baby’s will drown the way it is now… :wink:
Also I see in the background that you have some hydrogen peroxide… are you using that in your resivor’s?
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

baking soda to ph? interesting

1 Like

Baking soda is a common buffer especially in the aquarium hobby. Not as effective as liquids, but it will eventually work. Get the up and down from General Hydroponics. It’s good stuff and easy to use.

1 Like

Did you use any nutrients at all ?

Hows it coming along @Riverghost?

You do not want to use baking soda unless it is an emergency for just a couple days until you get a proper PH up. I recommend GH PH up in powder form.

@Riverghost

I also would like to see a support ticket in order to find out everything that has been added to the solution in the reservoir. Is there a pump in that res’? or is it just a DWC tub?

I limited out on forum posts for today!
Im such an idiot , I got it mixed up baking soda raises the ph! Ugh🤪
I switched water, got temp right and levels good, fresh water with Grow 2-1-6 nutrients @ 30 ml for two gallons.
The good news these are give away seeds I wanted to use for a test before I my White Widow

Sent from my iPhone

Countryboyjvd1971 ILGM Mentor
August 9
Thanks for helping out peach
Yourbthe man brother

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

I needed muriatic acid to lower ph, I use both in my pool but got em mixed up yesterday which was for which.
Too much sampling🤪

Two air pumps . Whats DWC?
Whats a support ticket?:crazy_face:

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

If you can, upload a picture of your plant. It helps the diagnosis, if needed.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

Thanks!

These were given to me and I am using them as a test for my White Widow. Good idea seems like!

Hydro

Ph 6.5-7.

Water temp 62

Level just below cups

Nutrient is Grow 2-1-6 @ 10 ml per gal.

Excelvan 14W 225 SMD LED Hydroponic Plant Grow Light & Lighting Panel, Full Spectrum for Plant Flower Vegetable Greenhouse Garden, Red&Blue&White Indoor Plant Grow Light Hanging Kit,US. ( II Generation 135Red 60Blue 30White)

Inside my bathroom

Air conditioned

Room temp 71-72

Humidity- 50-60

I have ordered digital ph and tds meters ,a water heater and co2.

**Using this same sheet can you please share where it all needs to be cut and dry so I can work at getting there once and for all, I have more test seeds germinating **

image1.png