What's wrong with my plants, they seem burnt, not sure what to do?

Okay before I go buying a bunch of different types of nuits I was wondering what you guys think … Blood meal 12-0-0 blood and bone meal 7-7-0 for tomatoes 6-12-12, 10-3-6, 15-15-30, 8-8-8, 4-10-0, 10-15-10 … Which one would you suggest ?

Nitrogen (N) – nitrogen is largely responsible for the growth of leaves on the plant.

Phosphorus (P) – Phosphorus is largely responsible for root growth and flower and fruit development.

Potassium (K) – Potassium is a nutrient that helps the overall functions of the plant perform correctly.

Choose a higher first number, you’ll be adding nutrients during flowering…the “meals” will add nutrients over time.
A balanced approach is good, too…imo, 10-3-6 or 8-8-8 + bone meal

There is also 20-20-20 …? Is that better or …?

as the numbers go up, you get more fertilizer…now be honest, are you going to want to add fertilizer as they grow? Honest?

you’ll end up over fertilizing and create more problems…keep it simple, you can adjust easier if there are problems. go for the lower numbers so you can add after, and not kill them with love.

1 Like

Yeah as they grow I will add more, I guess since they’re babies they don’t need as much right ? But the taller and bigger they grow they will need more correct ?

How would I know that the plants need more nutrients ?

They show you the leaves get very light and they also start to grow far slower. As your plant gets bigger it should actually begin to grow faster.

the small round leaves that sprout first feed your plant all that they need…they are called cotyledon leaves…they do not need anything else till that 4th set of leaves…any more might kill them, will stress them, is just not needed, yet.

you’ll see them not looking as green, more yellow, not as shiny, you’ll know what a healthy plant looks like…you’ll see when something is starting to go wrong.
This is all a balance, finding the right amounts to help, not harm.

wrong is:
pH is first suspect
under fertilizing
over fertilizing
under/over watering
humidity
light
temps

i thinks you really need to read this. youre confused about some very basic standards.
this will fix that Download the Marijuana Grow Bible

Saabrinna,

Its pretty much start forward.

1.) Seedlings no nutrients till there 5 - 6th set of trur leaves.

2.) Vegg stage starts. Alway’s what ever you choose use 1/4 the amount stated and increase every other feeding. By 1/4
3.) Flower follow # 2

Very simple and easy to follow. And check your ph before feeding and watering. If you don’t have a meter. Then you better get one.
Lighting is another story…lol

Hope this helps ya

Will

1 Like

Yeah I repotted and gave it more nutrients, they look good :ok_hand:t3::relieved: thanks everyone. I’ll keep you updated.