Whats wrong with my babies?

Used the these jiffys several times with out problems but this run all 4 gurls are not happy? 2 seeds from same batch same time straight in ff look great but these are pissed. Is it overwatering? Thank yall in advance gromies!

They look very hungry to me. Two of them are not seedlings anymore. They are consuming themselves in my opinion.

2 Likes

So ready to transplant already? Never had an issue and usually put in final pot 7-10 days only been 5…

2 Likes

Thank you sir

1 Like

I would let someone else with experience talk to you about the transplant. I’m not familiar with it. I place seeds straight into soil.

2 Likes

@GreggT He can probably answer this

1 Like

Its same concept, now i just dig a hole and put the jiffy pod in the dirt. Just builds roots much like a solo cup but supposed to be stacked with enough nutes to last a good bit. I like straight to soil best but trying to learn more ways. Appreciate you stopping in!

Yes. I think you should transplant already. They are ready to explode with grow and are hungry. Some are fast growers. They definitely not seedlings anymore.

1 Like

@Docnraq whats wrong with my baby girls? Im thinking watering but tend to be wrong a lot.

1 Like

You should also break the jiffy pot a bit before transplanting. I have heard of people having trouble with them things.

2 Likes

Get pots ready in a few…just when ya think ya can relax for the night.

1 Like

You know you love it. Stop playing. I wish I had something to do in that tent now. :grinning:

2 Likes

Here are my young ladies. But I just go the traditional way. Place seed in soil.

2 Likes

Peat stays wet forever it seems. Those seed pods are devoid of nute and she looks hungry so perhaps a little of both.

3 Likes

They’re very hungry and need room to grow. Pete pots are great for sprouting but as soon as cotyledons are open you should remove fabric and put em in good soil. FF is good. That’s what I started running with

Good luck happy growing

1 Like

Ya got me :joy:

Appreciate it, i was taught to wait 7 days or so and its been fine in past but not this time. Thank you for correcting that mistake!

These seem to dry quickly but not giving mich since still small but looks like i just waited a few to many days. Almost out of those pods and never again lol. Thank you brother!

I find the paper towel method works best for me when sprouting seeds.
Place seeds between folded wet paper towel and put it in a ziploc, seal it… a drop or 2 of peroxide in the water you soak the towels with is very helpful adds oxygen. Place it in a warm dark spot, 2-3 days you’ll have good tap roots. Use a writing pen to poke a hole in soil and gently place seed tap down in hole so it about 1/2” from the surface, gently brush soil over top of it. Don’t pat or tamp cover soil. Within a few days you’ll have a sprout.

Baby skunk 1

Seedling

White Widow
I start my seedlings in cup o noodles cups, and gently tear them off the root ball since the moisture makes them soft. I repot when the leaves reach both edges of the container, into a 1 or 1/2 gallon plastic pot when they reach 8 weeks they go into 5-7 gallon plastic or fabric whatever is handy.

1 Like

Smart! I cut a solo cup in half long ways then put that solo in another solo that way i could pull out first solo and pull it in half but yours gives much more control. Thank you sir!