What's this on my seedling?

@Jsmackle
I just found a little bit ago some small mixing cups I had bought a while back that I had planned to mix epoxy in but never used and ended up placing those over top of them.

Forgotten mini cups ftw! Lol
Yeah, I hear that. The little one that had mold on it is a dark green this morning, but I have hopes that having it under the cup with higher humidity it’ll bounce back. It’s not wilted over, just a dark green.
My other babies were slightly wilted this morning but the top soil in the pots dried out over night so I know they will bounce right back now that they have the cups over them.
Yeah true enough, the temp has been pretty steady with it being around 75 or so at night and getting up to a max of 80 during the day. I’ve been debating placing our old reptile ceramic heater in the room to provide some ambient heat to raise the temps.
As far as watering goes I have been giving them roughly about three light sprays from a spray bottle.
I mostly am focusing on spraying the inside of the cups that I have over them now.
I learned the hard way with the first five seeds I got from igm, I’ve never grown any plants in coco before, we wanted to try it out since it holds water so well.
As far as seeds go, I actually used them all. I had five Girl Scout cookie autoflower seeds to start off with. Five hybrid strain seeds a buddy of mine had given me, then like twenty or so seeds I had saved from a bag of cheap dirt reg I got like five years ago.
Only one of the hybrid seeds was viable, the other four rotted within a day from the inside out.
I didn’t think any of the old seeds I had in the bag would be any good so I tossed all of them onto a paper towel.
Turned out there was alot of them that were viable and so I have in total fourteen cups with plants in them.
But only seven have sprouted out of the coco.

That will work. Make sure to put two holes in the top with a pen or a 1/8 drill bit. Here is how I start all mine… I put holes in the bottom cup use two strips of masking tape to hold the top cup on. When I water then I put the whole thing in a bowl of water and let the dirt suck the water into it from the holes in the bottom; I then undo one of the strips of masking tapes and mist the lid. The square solo cup make transplanting easy with a razor blade and careful trickery.

I have only used coco as a additive to my soil so I cannot lend much advice. Keep patience though and I am sure you will get it. What nutes are you using?

1 Like

Okay, I let my wife know about the two holes and asked her to take care of that for me while I’m at work.
Ahhh I can see how the square bottom would make it easier to transplant, good info to know.
Right, I gotcha, well I appreciate the help thus far with it. I’m jumping into this with both feet and taking the plunge into the deep end, so I’ll take all the advice I can get.
As far as nutes go, I haven’t really done anything with that yet. I have magnesium salts and a bag of vegetable fertilizer. But I didn’t really want to use the vegetable fertilizer. I’ve actually had my eye on some fox farms liquid fertilizers that had alot of positive reviews from people that were growing.

Well the one that had mold on it didn’t make it.
I found it laying on the dirt and covered in mold again this morning, it’s shriveled up and gross looking.
I do however have two pretty ladies peeking out of the dirt and a third lady that’s out of the dirt but hasn’t folded her leaves out yet.

Cmon out n play girls!

1 Like