What's The Longest You've seen Autos Go?

…without flowering??? I have five autos going on day 50, that I have yet to see any white pistils, or sign of flowering. Granted, I’m a newb, but I’ve seen lots of pitchers!!!

Seriously, though.

3 Likes

I grew a strain called shark auto, after about day 45 without flowering, I switched the light schedule and it soon (about a week) transitioned to flower. Could of been coincidence, but I just figured the auto gene in that one wasn’t to strong or I got a photo seed by mistake…

2 Likes

My current jack herer auto started day 53 - 54. This is about 2 weeks more than usual.

1 Like

ok. thanks. they seem to be very healthy. Let me also add, which slipped my mind…I had them under a HLG 260. About two weeks ago, I added a Mars2000. When I added the Mars to the 3.5x3.5 tent, I dialed the power back on the HLG to about 180 watts, and the Mars to 3/4 power.

this is a week ago.10-22

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet @Nicky should @HombreRobusto do any thing with his slow to flower autos or sit tight?

1 Like

Good question.

My first question to @HombreRobusto is who is the breeder.

Generally this happens when a breeder doesn’t have a stable genetic, I would not suggest buying more autos from the breeder.
The auto genetics are not stable so the plants need a kick start.
First I would like to see current pictures to see if they are starting to flower since autos can go 6 weeks but doubtful.
You can force a flip by putting the plants in darkness for 48hr and then switch the light scedule to 12/12 until you see flowering.
At this point you can try to switch back to a better light scedule but it’s probably safer to just stay 12/12.

You are probably better of that these ended up like this because normally plants start pre flowering at 3-4 weeks and if that’s 6 weeks I imagine your plants would have been quite small.

This is why it’s important to get seeds from a quality auto breeder, who focuses on autos.
Alot of good seed companies sell autos that arnt stable (I’ve seen ilgm autos not flip and I’ve seen others not flip from respected photo breeders)

Ps update us with a picture, your plants look droopy in that photo is this right after watering?

2 Likes

Homebre, I am on my very first grow and learning quite a lot being on this forum! I have an Amnesia Haze auto flower that is midway into its seventh week; approximately 52 days from germination transplant. I purchased seeds from ILGM which is significant because when the plant is doing as well as it is, with all the mistakes I have made as a newbie; the resilience of the plant speaks to the quality of the genetics from ILGM! Just sayin’! I think your plants look pretty good. If you listen to these folks on the forum, listen for what the plant is telling you, and “trust your gut” in some respects I’m sure it will fine. BTW, I have grown the Amnesia Haze on a 24 hour light cycle; no down time. Maybe I will try a different cycle next time but the Auto’s from IGLM do not necessarily require any darkness during most of the stages.

This poor thing has suffered through “underwatering,” excessive heat when I could not get it controlled, a significant timing error during the germination phase just to name a few “learning curve” circumstances on my part. Hoping I don’t blow it in the final phases. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll take some pics in a minute here. Mine were droopy, or in need of water in the pics above. I did a spur of the moment road trip. Buddy texted pics of beautiful fish, I left the next morning for a road trip to the outer banks. It was awesome. Watered the plants the morning I left. I was watering them about every three days. Ol lady sent me the pic, as I had asked her to if they looked ‘droopy’. She gave them about 3/4 gallon each of distilled, as I didn’t want to talk her through ph’ing the water. I got home last night, and gave them some attention.

2 Likes

ok. here we go. just some random pics. total newb here.

10-27-20-9
10-27-20-8
10-27-20
10-27-20-7

3 Likes

in the one pic, you can see that the new growth always starts, ‘squonky’, lol. they’re all curvy. What’s up with that. Also, one plant had two leaves that had brown spots with like an bronze patch under the spots.

1 Like

Forgot. I believe these to be from Lumberjack seeds, if memory serves me correct. And it usually does.

Maybe you got photos try and switch the light to 12-12 and see if any change

The leaf I took off the plant. There was two of them.

2 Likes

What medium are they in soil or coo?
What PH water are you feeding.
What’s your tap water ppm, why are you feeding distilled?

What’s the run off ppm?

What’s your high and low temp/RH?

The rust spots are calcium deficiency, either due to a PH in balance or because they need you to feed more calcium

This 3rd girl went into flower a little later and is still pure white pistils and she’s getting THICC( but she’s also the shortest at 1 foot where everyone else is 1.5 ft LSTed) I fully expect her to go to week 14

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll answer best I can. I water with dechlorinated water, ph’ed to 6.2-6.8. ppm in tap water is around 220, if I recall. In soil. 50-65 rh, therebouts. 65-76ish temps, night/day. Pretty sure I own a piece of shit tds/ppm meter. Runoff numbers vary greatly. I did do a top feed of 4-4-4, castings, kelp, and a bit of guano like 18days ago.

1 Like

I also had oyster shell in the last two top feedings. Maybe not enough. Down to Earth brand.

1 Like

Also in the ‘I forgot to mention’ category, these were transplanted on day 16 from small pots to five gallon pots. I was not aware that they didn’t like being transplanted at the time. Went from recommended ‘starter soil’ to amended Pro ph? I believe.

1 Like

Okay well tds meters are cheap amazon one asap and get a good run off reading. Feed some cal with your waterings or cal mag whatever you have, the rust spots are cal deficiency.

Don’t feed distilled water, your tap water is fine at 220 if it’s under 300 your fine. Leave it out for 24hr in a 5 gallon bucket or whatever you wish, this way it will be room temp and have no chlorine (seems like you know this though)

Follow the VPD chart best you can

Are you venting your air outside the house or how far away are your intake from your exhaust?
Your plans are going to grow slow and if humidity becomes to high in flower you’ll run into bud rot issues but your still in veg so not an issue yet just something to keep in mind.

What lights exactly do you have?
What Kalvin rating are they? 3500k, 3000k?
Let me know what you got.
Letts make sure your lights are dialed in and then once we have a that we will let it grow for a bit longer then force flip to flower.
Don’t switch your lighting schedule for now.
If they are autos keep them in a 20/4

1 Like

This is what OP said he was using: I had them under a HLG 260. About two weeks ago, I added a Mars2000. When I added the Mars to the 3.5x3.5 tent, I dialed the power back on the HLG to about 180 watts, and the Mars to 3/4 power.

3 Likes