What's the heaviest weight per plat you've harvested?

I’m not sure about that i just say that if until i see qb and strip led making buds close to i get or even a cmh I’m not going to believe it. To actually get there you would have to build a veg led and a flower led but even when I was in California i was told they are good on the light bill but all out yeild not there yet.

2 Likes

If I whacked you on the head with some of the colas I’ve gotten off of my LED’s I’d be arrested for assault haha! LED’s are outdoing every other light source other than the sun. But the cost is the issue. 600 watt MH/HPS is about what: $150? The same output in diy so costs are lowest cost me $600. That’s 4 times the cost.

3 Likes

I don’t believe it .

1 Like

That’s your prerogative.

1 Like

Yes I going off what i see on the scale and the grow houses i have helped out in. And im watching 8 grow journal’s on here and im not seeing bigger yeilds i see very good grows and really nice stuff. You’re in California you are close to the emerald triangle i learned alot working out there. But they are still hps and mh lights i and the leds we’re in the green houses to supplement the plants on cloudy days that was summer of 2016.

2 Likes

In electronics; a 6 month old device is a campy nostalgia item. 2 years is an eternity.

So: what would a big commercial grow have? 100 lights? So, $15,000 in capital investment. That same footprint in LED’s would be $60,000. Simple economics dictate the first light is the obvious choice. Boutique growers (assuming they are experienced) are working from a whole raft of different perspectives to commercial growers. I would never compare a commercial operation to mine.

And; you couldn’t pay me to smoke commercial cannabis. I’ll stick with my stuff and the cannabis I have vetted personally.

For you to make the comparison one would need to find a commercial grower using LED’s to compare. But the numbers don’t lie: they put out more usable light with less heat than MH/HPS.

3 Likes

And you can’t say that your grows came from led light alone when in your journal’s you say you put them outside as much as possible

2 Likes

Dann that’s sexy brother. Nice work!

1 Like

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

You are correct. However; I’m not the only one using high end lights with similar results.

As I stated; economically it’s not feasible for a commercial grow operation to outlay that kind of expense.

Is that the only thing you could pick on? I’m not saying MH/HPS is bad; I’m saying LED’s beat them in every category except price now. That’s simply objective fact. I was trying to convey why you don’t see them in commercial grows, but okay.

I’m done.

Sorry to get off topic.

2 Likes

For starters they don’t. We had 3 sections walled off with leds testing them out nice grow nice plants but they didn’t yield like the hps . He had a safe that was as big as a bathroom full of cash and not having a problem spending money on equipment that is supposed to get a bigger return. It worked best as supplimental lighting.
It the fact that you are saying that you get these big yeilds with led but you aren’t saying that you put them outside to…
I just talked to my friend out there and they are getting ready to try the chilled logic flower pucks led from rapid led. Like i said earlier i don’t think the leds are there yet but this chilled logic puck might be it. I don’t know i will have to wait and see. I thought i bought the best leds at 450 and 500 dollars a piece and they didn’t yield what a hps did. And if im clearing between 4 and 5 pounds wet weight in a 4x4x6 grow tent then you should be clearing 8 or 10 pounds in the same space i don’t even see people getting a 4lbs with the leds in the journal’s on here. If there is i want to see it and copy what they are doing.

Actually I’ve done some grows almost entirely under lights during flower. Think winter time in SoCal. Despite the quality of the finished product being grown under less efficient LED’s.

You can do as you want. Unbiased testing has confirmed that the latest generation of lights (within the last year or so) exceed the output of MH/HPS in every category except heat.

Wet weight on a grow (documented in my journal) which was a winter grow with older lights yielded 12 pounds wet. In a 4 X 6. I did 4 pounds wet from my last plant, but it was in and out.

Any good light source will produce solid quality buds. Not least would be MH/HPS. But any anecdotal evidence should be supported by more recent technology than 2 years ago.

I find myself uncomfortable defending this because I’m no tech expert but I’ve seen the numbers.

@Bogleg just harvested one plant under LED’s in a RDWC setup that exceeded your 4 pound metric. I believe he ended up at 17 oz dry from that one plant.

I netted 20oz dry from two plants in a 4x4 using DIY COBs for lights (600w). I grew another plant in the same tent under the same lights and netted 14 ounces and change - but lost a portion of the plant to bud rot. I also used a trimming bowl (well worth the investment) for the first time ever on that particular plant, and it was pretty aggressive at trimming, so I have gobs and gobs of trim from that plant too. I have no idea what the wet weight was on that plant - I don’t weigh before drying and trimming.

Personally I don’t need to grow and harvest more than 12oz a year… so all this weed is more than I know what to do with. My goal now will be reducing the operating costs, not growing more.

All that being said I know I can confidently hit .8g/W as is, and I believe I can get to 1g/W if I invest in some AC.

3 Likes

Wow That’s pretty good. What strain was it?

I ran an ILGM blueberry auto and an ILGM blackberry kush together. I scrogged the BCK and let the BBA do it’s thing with a single topping of the main cola and a little LST. The plant I ran solo after those two was a Gold Leaf plant.

The BBA yielded just shy of 9oz (8.96 if I recall). The BCK yielded 10.2oz or something like that. The Gold Leaf was 14.4oz jarred when it was all said and done.

1 Like

Sweet. Good smoke?

I grew a Gold Leaf over the winter along side a Super Silver Haze, and the GL took a backseat for awhile… and then I ran out of Super Silver Haze and dug into it, and I really, really enjoy it. The one I just harvested I took down a week early due to the bud rot, so it’s a little more heady than my last one, but I actually prefer it this way. It’s really good and I’m glad I have a lot of it because it’s a daily smoke for me at the moment.

The BCK is a dream. It smells sweet, tastes sweet… it’s amazing to dry herb vape it. It kind of tastes of berries and anise. The high is pretty well balanced, but it does make me feel pretty lethargic if I hit it all day. Around 5pm I’m wiped if I try that. It’s a good “after work” smoke for me for that reason.

My BBA is also a nice smoke with a nice flavor and smell. Mine is pretty narcotic after the first hour… the first hour it’s mildly buzzy but very euphoric. It makes me feel like everything will be fine as long as I can keep laughing… and I tend to do a lot of laughing when I smoke it. Good weekend strain for me.

2 Likes

The bck does sound like a dream. Those are my favorite after “work buzzes.” The flavors that are just as intense as the buzz. Makes dinner much more enjoyable.

2 Likes