What's the difference in pre flowering and flowering?

Is it kind of like tomatoes getting blooms and then they produce tomatoes? Also, when do you start counting the flowering time? Thanks!

5 Likes

Good question I’ve always been interested in this a well. I’m chiming in now lol

1 Like

I’ve looked all over the internet and cant find an answer.

1 Like

I think preflower is when the pistils just start to pop out of the calyxs and supposedly I heard you start counting two weeks after flowering starts but honestly I’m not sure which is why I wanted to chime in and find out as well

1 Like

So I might have found some images that may be able to help you tell the difference of pre flowers and flowers on the web. Take a look here.

7 Likes

Thanks for the pics.

Of course and I’m sure you know what the flowers are.

2 Likes

@Manny_FTGUTube @EarlyPearl
Most of us will start counting flower weeks about two weeks after switching to 12-12 with photo seeds that’s the two week transition time you would feed flower nutes tho at this time and cut back on veg nutes
And after the two weeks streach you normally have actual flowers building
The pre flower are signs the plant is mature enough to switch into your flower lighting schedule
Auto I consider flowering once I see pistols since they grow so dam fast

6 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971. My friend! Coming in clutch with the answers we seek lol. Thanks for the info bro I appreciate it

1 Like

Any time I can help my friend :+1: Glad to @Manny_FTGUTube

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know when you should start using the flowering nutes should it be at pre flowering or no

1 Like

As soon as you transition you should be starting your bloom nutes.

1 Like

There are atuo flowers so same thing

I came to this thread to learn something new today and you sir have done that for me🤘

“Most of us will start counting flower weeks about two weeks after switching to 12-12 with photo seeds that’s the two week transition time you would feed flower nutes”

That’s the answer I was looking for too.