Whats the best soil to use in the seedling stage?

A question from a fellow grower:

just wondering whats the best soil to use in the seedling stage?

I find a mix of Peat moss, very ulite and perlite are best. You can add some dolomite lime but be careful with mix. I find it important to use the same mix in seedlings as thru Whole grow. But u might want to wait on the lime after your ready to transplant seedlings. Usually 6-7 teaspoons for every gal. of soil. Powdered lime is best but hard to find. Tractor Supply if u have one. Grow fun. Don’t order this stuff online , everything is available local.

Verumilite is the second ingredient. Freaking spell check

I use Fox Farms Happy Frog :slight_smile:

Happy frog or light warrior is good for starting seedlings .

1 Like

I use fox farm ocean, some say it’s to hot for seedlings but I have never had a problem. I do my full grow in fox ocean. From what I have been reading don’t use any thing with time released nutes.
Tom

1 Like

I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest. They have more than 1 mix. I use FX14053. It comes in a 12qt bag. Depending on where u live depends on who will sell it. Like Amazon wont mail it to me but Walmart will. This stuff is awesome. I transplant into another FF soil but don’t have # handy. Anyway when Amazon quit sending I went on a hunt. I even went to the FF site and couldn’t get it. Meanwhile I used the other FF and did okay but had some issues. Never so happy to see that Walmart box on my porch. Thinking about stocking up. ILGM seedling fertilizer is also a great choice. I can raise babies with it and just coco coir and perlite.[quote=“ILGM.Claire, post:1, topic:3314, full:true”]
A question from a fellow grower:

just wondering whats the best soil to use in the seedling stage?
[/quote]