Whats the best led set up on a 48×48×80 for under 500i

Whats the best led setup on a 48×48×80 that cost under 500. I bought the setup through amazon it comes with a 1200 watt led cobb and i been told that will not even grow 2 plants.please help

1 Like

I think you can currently get refurbished hlg-600r for about $500 with current coupon code.

3 Likes

Where u get that from and what coupon?

1 Like

Horticultural lighting group HLG discount = DUDE

3 Likes

You could get a couple of 200W Vivosun LEDs for about $500. Just another option.

I’ve been pleased with that brand and build.

Welcome to the community ! 500 bucks should get the job done , you will not go wrong with HLG LED lighting. Good luck

1 Like

What about the vivosun 4000

1 Like

I am not familiar with the light. I run two
HLG 260 v2 rspec XL in a 4x4 space If you choose two lights will give you a little flexibility with multiple plants. Other members may have Experience with the vivosun 4000.

1 Like

This is the way to go imho. It gives you the flexibility to move the lights around to maximize PPFD coverage.

Vivosun used to make burples. Some growers don’t trust them because of prior claims that were very dishonest.

2 Likes

Ok thanks

1 Like

What 1200w cob did your kit come with? I’m using the vivosun 1200w w Cree cob’s. I got worried during seedling stage due to the way they were growing, and immediately bought a 200 watt QB w/ Samsung diodes. I have 1 sitting directly under QB and 4 under COB. The 4 under the Cob are getting higher light readings than the 1 directly under the QB, and the QB is a few inches lower. If I could go back I would’ve invested wiser, combined what was spent on the 2 lights, added a little more, and got something worthwhile for years to come. I also wouldn’t have decided to grow an odd number of plants. Would’ve done research before going click happy online lol…if you have the money to get the light you want/need for your desired space, go for it. If not, I’d roll w the cob and a couple plants to be safe and be prepared to get something nicer next grow.

Can I be honest. Alot say vivo is good til they grow a whole crop out then all the sudden most end up wanting to switch to a different light. Alot will say it did real well but in the back of their mind they r slapping the brain saying tell the truth. They work they grow bud but not the best of what u can get. Hlg lights are a bit more money but do the work they r said to do. No him hawing around the specs sheets trying to wonder if it’s true or not because for the most part it’s legit specs. If u want an off brand true of light look into spider farmer lights not Mars

1 Like

personally I would consider that underpowered for a 4x4. As an example of Vivosun’s less than straight forward approach
This what it says about its VS4000

Tech Spec

Light Source LED
Max Coverage Area 6x6ft (Core : 5x5ft)
Spectrum Full Spectrum; 380nm-780nm, Rich 660nm
Input power 400W/100-277V

Yet for its vs2000, with half the power, it says it will cover a 4x4 - NO way in H

Light Source LED
Max Coverage Area 5x5ft (Core:4x4ft)
Spectrum Full Spectrums; 380nm-780nm, Rich 660nm
Input power 200W/100-277V

Let me add. You do need to pay attention to the size of a light’s footprint. Especially if you are using two lights. Look of ones that are designed specifically for 2x4 or slightly larger. That way you get wall-to-wall coverage. A light designed for 2x3 will only cover 6 feet when you need 8 or more.

What is the brand and specs of the light you have it may not be a bad light that being said the light that @dbrn32 suggested would rock that 4x4

2 Likes

Check out Mars Hydro FCE4800, or higher. Love mine, they do great in my 12’x5’x84” room.

It came with the amazon grow tent setup 48×48×80

A 4x4 this would be my choice. A few dollars over budget though.

Light Rail Robotic Grow Light Mover Rail Hanger Brackets for Greenhouses and Grow Tents Solidly Made in The USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FNPWGM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_D82TRWWVVDEW40ZTTNWV

Light Rail 4.0 AdjustaDrive Kit Motor w Rail, Robotic Grow Light Mover Solidly Made in The USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VX7YL36/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_JG3X2RXASFXZ0V1C15JS

VIPARSPECTRA XS4000 LED Grow Light Use with Samsung LM301B Diodes & MeanWell Driver, Dimmable Full Spectrum Plant Grow Light for Indoor Hydroponic Plants Seeding Veg and Bloom https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CHCH41J/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_H6WA5GPCHQ1B8W6NT3C7

Or

LED Grow Light, VIPARSPECTRA Pro Series P4000 LED Grow Light with Samsung LEDs(Includes IR) 5x3ft Coverage Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights for Indoor Hydroponic Plants Veg Bloom 1400PCS LEDs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08746FHH4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_CWHRGHEA1EV772NDTFF9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Or any of the above lights with the light mover. It’s said to eliminate hot spots and shadows. Giving more even light. Also lets you get the light closer to the plant.

1 Like

Love my rails. Had 3 550r up. Pulled some plants…took out a light and slowed hover and adjusted movement. Still covering 4x8 perfectly. With all 3 lights i turnem down…shorten hover…speed up movement.

Youll do better with maxisun PB4000 Bava Green 780w