What's the best dirt for low maintenance grow?

Welcome @Blu1 yes that will be sufficient to get them started but if going outside afterwards your gonna want to slowly introduce them to the sun light. I have been doing so by letting them get some morning sun more and more each day.

1 Like

@Blu1 have you ever looked into living soil? It’s a little work to make it but it’s about as low maintenance as you can get.

2 Likes

No I have’nt. Exactly what is that?
How do you make it?
I ve used regular potting soil before when you could get seeds out of my own stash.

@Blu1 oh man lol that’s a hard question to put into one little summary but I will attempt lol some people call it “no till” or “living soil” or a few other names I’m just to high to think of it right now honestly lol essentially this is how most if not 100 percent organic growers grow their medicine. It contains compost, I know peat moss (there may be more I’m just unsure honestly) and a whole bunch of other organic minerals and bugs and cover crop and many other things if you would like. Essentially it is a mini ecosystem of mirco organisms in your soil. They buffer your water for the plant to proper ph of the water so there is no PH reading needed. The soil contains all the nutrients for the most part (I know some people that feed organic along the way as well, it’s just not near as easy as salt minerals) so there is no need for a feeding schedule or a flush. You just water as needed essentially for the life of the plant

3 Likes

@Blu1

I grow that style. I won’t grow any other way.

Here’s how I do it. https://ilgmforum.com/t/no-till-gardening/16139/

3 Likes

Thank you BlackShirt.
I will do some reading and research.
Sometimes I hate living in Tex.
Got no connections here. Forced to grow my own.
:smirk:

1 Like

Not sure if this took a pic of my little jewel

1 Like

“Forced” is a strong word. Before you know it you will be using “forced” as the term when you have to buy weed.

2 Likes

Ur right. Forced is the wrong word…

This is the truth. Plus there is something deeply satisfying about smoking weed you cared for from seed to harvest (or for several YEARS with the same exact plant, if you clone). Nothing like your own.

2 Likes

Looking good Man! I know your struggle I live in AR. Still strong prohibition. Got tired of spending my money on I didn’t know what and hoped it was good weed. Always the same price no matter what quality :joy: plus for the price of a 1/4 bag I could buy 10 seeds. You do the math lol