What's the best and easiest way to make thca Diamonds?

Wanting to try making thca Diamonds but with using dry ice instead of nitrogen anyone got some recipes or anything?

Try looking in this rabbit hole and ask them… 🍯 blackthumbbetty's Cannakitchen🍫

1 Like

THCA diamonds are formed from extracting in butane.
After the extract is done, it’s dumped into a container that is pressure safe, allowed to sit for 2 weeks, and then THCA diamonds form. @GreenThumb101

4 Likes

@Covertgrower and to clarify the only way to actually end up with true diamonds is through extraction with butane correct?

1 Like

As far as I know. Unless someone that knows more than I do, chimes in. @GreenFlex

2 Likes

Doubtful Sir! TY

4 Likes

@Covertgrower can for say a nugsmasher machine be able to make it? @GreenFlex I never tried to do bho before

1 Like

Thank you

Hydraulic press, and heated plates is all that is needed. You can purchase all of the parts separately to make it work.
BHO, is like vaporizing flower, but the terpenes are concentrated, and you get more flavor than you would using flower.

3 Likes

I have not either but will be in the near future! I am following along on this one!

3 Likes

So basically the exact same way as I would rosin on heat press? I found this online but don’t know if it’s the right way to do this DIAMOND MINING WITH LIVE RESIN : A step by step guide to the recrystallization process — Ed Rosenthal. The thing I don’t get is if I press rosin from flower what do I need to do with the butane for the bho method? Or will alI I need is the heat press and plates to make true thca Diamonds? Is it best to use high concentrate strains than other strains too? @Covertgrower @GreenFlex I’ve been wanting to make thca Diamonds for awhile now but always wanted to learn. I’ve heard people doing it wrong and have there house either blow up or catch on fire.

1 Like

To make diamonds, you’ll need to use the BHO process.
The two processes are different, and with different results.

That’s why it’s important to have a container that’s rated for the pressure. You’ll extract the cannabis, then place in the safe container for a couple of weeks to allow the diamonds to form. Then the butane is purged off OUTSIDE.

3 Likes

I get it now. After I press the flower to rosin then I start bho process right? I still don’t know how how to do bho method like how much butane to use. @Covertgrower

You’ll have to use one method or the other. @GreenThumb101

1 Like

Okay. I had found this machine 24green-machine-complete-kit will this be better option? Will the thc and terp sauce separate if I get the bho into a jar dry freeze it, then put oven 220 degrees or use heatmat then wait for it to separate is this the same concept how to do it? I don’t know if this is the right way to make true thca Diamonds this is what I got from a podcast. @Covertgrower

Had to edit your link, as it’s not approved. However yes that would be a good start to getting diamonds. I wouldn’t recommend heating the butane, room temperature it would evaporate just fine. Butane has a evaporation temperature of around 33°-34°F.

1 Like

So do all the steps with that machine including freeze dry it, press again and let it sit in jars to get the terp sauce and thca to separate? Is what I’m getting? Do I really need to freeze dry bho and press it again or just use machine to do whole process and let it sit for couple weeks in jar to sperate? That’s the thing that’s confusing me @Covertgrower

You’re combining processes, and steps, I would highly recommend to research one process at a time, then go from there. Freeze drying, pressing and extra steps aren’t all needed for diamond making.
Freeze drying removes all moisture from any plant material, by freezing, under a vacuum, then warming it slightly and allowing the moisture to sublimate it is then condensed and trapped separately from the plant material.

1 Like

Okay then I’m not gonna do the freeze drying and extra steps. Say I go through that machine I showed you now is that basically same process or a whole different thing? I found a video of the creator of machine on YouTube on how to use it and I would have to get a Pyrex glass dish to catch extraction doesn’t show if he immediately puts all extraction in jars and let them sit so it can sperate. BHO Extraction the safe and easy way - YouTube this is the video I’m talking about. I’m so glad you got the time to further my knowledge on cannabis and cannabis extracts lol

BHO extracting is the first step.

1 Like