Whats stunting the growth?

Ok so I’m a new grower and I was wondering if it’s normal for this plant to grow at this rate or if it’s not in the optimal conditions to promote vigorous growth. I planted these LSD seeds on Aug 5 so tomorrow would make it a week and I have yet to see any improvement. I think the obvious problem is the growlight since it was cheap for around 20$ that did 75w. This was only supposed to be a placeholder for a week in a half before I get the spiderfarmer sf1000, but before I narrow that as the main issue I want to know if I’m doing everything else right.
Black Gold All Organic potting soil
Planted in solo cups

2x2x4 TopoLite Growtent
Clip fan
RH- Varies from 50-60%
Temps 79-81
Shengsite 75W Grow Light (Amazon.com)

Looks like the soil is too wet.

1 Like

Yea I feared that I overwatered as well so Im giving it a couple of days for to dry before I rewater. This is a more recent pic. Its at my dads apartment so this was sent to me.

So could simply overwatering have been the problem?

1 Like

Over watering could definitely do it. It can also cause them to damp off which will make the stem weak and the seedling will fall over.

4 Likes

Yeah, that soil is still real wet. Likely won’t have to water again while it’s in the solo cup. Putting a clear solo cup on top of that, as a dome, and spraying the inside of the dome once a day will help keep your humidity high. The plant doesn’t have the roots to uptake the water from the soil so they absorb the water through the air via humidity. Make sure you get plenty of holes in that solo cup to allow air to get to the soil to help dry it out.

This is how dry my seedling soil looks

2 Likes