What's on the News?

Local news show just had story on sudden increase in emergency room visits from marijuana overdoses. No kidding. Seems the local weed is 5% thc this close to Mexico. There was a “sudden increase in a type of 20% marijuana in the area named KUSH”. Here’s the dilemma. Is it ambulance-chasing if I hang out near the ER to make new friends? Should I call up my old connection?

2 Likes

or E all of the above. Sounds like BS to me. sounds like pre-legalization propaganda!

2 Likes

I agree totally. 5% thc is bs

1 Like

I mean if you take a bag seed and then take seed and take seed and take seed etc etc, I guess it is possible for the numbers to go down but 5% sounds like BS to me. Maybe back in the 70’s it was 5%.
seriously sounds like anti-mj propaganda.

ps. Only time Ive seen people go to the ER for MJ was when it was laced with pcp / angel dust

1 Like

Yes, most mexico weed is more like 10-12% minimum, and sometimes you can get near 20% in schwag/mersh/bag weed.

~MacG

1 Like

I call Bull s&$t it is just the Never legal crowd

3 Likes

yeah exactly FNN Fake News Network hahaha lol

Actually good weed from mexico in the 70’s was also at about the same percentages I mentioned above.

Quality bred landraces were and are pretty much just as good as today’s hybrids. It’s all in the genetics and things haven’t really changed all that much. However, there are a few new specially bred hybrid strains that are now nearing 30%, which certainly ins’t common among old indigenous strains.

Something else to consider, for example, the northeast India “ghost chili,” or the bhut jolokia chili pepper, this is apparently a naturally occurring variant of the habanero chili pepper that is commonly grown in Mexico, but is much much hotter. And this happened without intentional human intervention, by accident in a northeast Indian’s field, and he just luckily found it after plowing most of his regular habanero pepper field down. The point is, certainly, for the thousands and thousands of years of indigenous people’s growing cannabis to get the THC near at least 20%, it isn’t likely we can do much better in the short time the special strains have been developed, nature will do what it will.

~MacG

7 Likes

Sounds like more media scare tactics to me
Probably back by the pharmaceutical industry

3 Likes

In the event the story is true, It seems that a pre-emptive strike seems necessary. In the true spirit of giving, I have decided to start a Go Fund Me page to help with ER bills I expect to incur immediately after my first harvest.

2 Likes

absolutely @bryan ! Great idea. Add me and @Countryboyjvd1971 to that because we’re all gonna be in the ICU LOL

2 Likes

Lmfao that’s too funny @bryan
I’m in lol thanks for tagging me @bob31

Some of the best weed I ever smoked was in the 80’s. I would like to get my hands on some landrace strains!

Well said, Brother…

1 Like