What's my plant doing? It doesn't seem to be growing

Ahhhh. I didnt even see that… hmmm yup seems to be an issue in the making. Sorry im no help. But moral support? Lol

2 Likes

Probably stitch that up with some zip ties

5 Likes

Exactly what I was about to say. It’s just a matter of propping it up so you can get in there and wrap a zip tie around it. An yes I would do just that. Good luck!

1 Like

Today’s pictures! I put one zip tie on but I’m going to get after it with some more ties later.

6 Likes

Today’s pictures.

Took about four zip ties to go around the net pot. Those roots about take up the whole 13g bucket!

3 Likes

Oh, and today’s question:

I’m in the third week of 12/12. Up above on this thread you can find a ticket, but essentially I have a 33gal, 1 plant, RDWC setup under a HLG 320 xl v2 rspec, and am using Flora trio plus calmag, armor si, hydroguard.

I have my pH controlled by a Milwaukee pH controller set to 5.8 and 10:1 diluted pH Down pumped by the controlled peristaltic pump. To date, my pH has generally gone up and been corrected by the controller (it starts adding pH Down at 5.9 and stops at 5.8). The past few days, the pH is 5.7-5.8 and the pH Down doesn’t seem to have been used. FWIW, the nutrient temperature is 2-3 *F more than it generally has been (hotter than blazes out, and I’ve been running the dehumidifier to get <50% humidity).

Is it common for a tendency towards increasing pH to switch to a tendency to decrease pH during 12/12? Is that likely what I’m seeing?

1 Like

Yes it is common for fluctuations especially during the transition and into early flower.

Keep in mind, more water = easier to maintain a stable root condition. If your plant is eating more nutes than what’s available, the water level dropping, the PH will go up. That tells you you need to feed more.

If your water level is dropping and the nutes go up, the ph will go down telling you you need to drop the ppm’s.
You really need to know all conditions before you can determine exactly what’s going on.

Here’s a general guide to help maybe figure it out.

Towards the mid flower stage, she slows down eating so you may have monitor and adjust.

Hope this all makes sense and helps. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

33g system, one plant. The plant consumes about 1.7g/day. EC/PPM is steady to decreasing slowly. pH normally static or slightly rising (both have nice comments), but now seems to have dropped about 0.1 and holding steady (a smidge lower than usual).

Seems like this leaves me in good shape (F/F/static).

1 Like

Today’s photos below.

pH was at 5.6, topped up with filtered tap water (which is ~7.5pH) which brought it back up to 5.7. Still rather have it at 5.8, but not so much that I want to add pH Up.

Doing some bending/training using the trellis to separate stuff. I’m sure it’s a lousy scrog, but it’s my first grow and I didn’t know what I was doing much.

3 Likes

Today’s pictures.

It’s hard to tell, but the canopy is approximately level (the tallest bits are all about the same height), but I’ve failed scrog 101. Need to re-take next semester :slight_smile:

Flowers are coming along, today is day 17 of 12/12.

Regarding my pH issues, see my post elsewhere:

PICTURES:

3 Likes

Day 19 of 12/12. C’mon flower! You can do it!!

4 Likes

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 Does his picture look like reveg, maybe light leak??

This has been like this for a 2 & a 1/2 weeks. Seems like I have seen this before. Hopeing for some advise here. Thanks!
Hope you don’t mind @Jungle :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looks like some N toxicity as well which can adversely affect flower production. But I would make the effort to look for any light leaks or light sources in the grow space for sure.

2 Likes

Wait, wait! What’s wrong with my plant?

(I don’t think it’s overfeeding N, I think it was overfeeding K)

1 Like

I usually look for new round leaves when trying to determine if plant has went back to veg. I didn’t see any, but doesn’t mean I’m not blind either haha.

My first thought would be to check solution, if thats good maybe oxygen issue? Too hot, line siphoned full of water or something.

2 Likes

Are you guys saying my girl looks like she’s reverting to veg?

1 Like

I don’t see any evidence of reveg. But I do see white powder mold, unless you applied something.

3 Likes

Hey brother, sorry! I didn’t mean to get you all in a frenzy. I noticed you keep posting that same picture and I thought you were concerned about it. I’ve seen that type of bud before on here and thought it was a problem for you and just trying to look out for you. Kind of a funky looking flower to me.
I’ll go back to my corner and be silent.

Thanks db, myfriend and covert, sorry to have bothered y’all. Just tryin to help a brother out. Guess I jumped the gun. :v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

No worries @HappyHydroGrower we as a community appreciate input.

3 Likes

Oh no! Argh. No, I didn’t apply anything. I saw in the “definitive WPM discussion” a conclusion that JMS Stylet-Oil (a paraffinic oil) was the best product. I haven’t been able to find it locally (yet), but I am planning on defoliating the bottom 1/3rd tomorrow or Saturday.

Will the defoliation be helpful? Should I delay?

I also read that silicon plays a role in the plants ability to tolerate/fight it off. See the other link where I describe my overdose of Armor Si…

There was also some discussion in the WPM thread about using Hydroguard, ?as a foliar spray?? I have that on-hand, is it worth a try? How much dilution?

My environment is ~74-75F, 45-50%RH, 33gal RDWC w/GH Flora trio, calmag, si, hydroguard. I only have two fans blowing on the plant, and one of them is … small. I’ve been putting off getting (more) fan(s), but I suppose I should get off my a$$ and get to HD for at least one more.

Help, friends help. I’m really looking forward to a reasonable harvest. @Drinkslinger @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @PurpNGold74