What's my plant doing? It doesn't seem to be growing

Yea you can cut those huge ones off…to me it’s your plant and there aren’t “no-no’s”….especially if YOURE noticing that other parts are being blocked from the light…remember this is your grow and you can’t screw anything up cause then ya won’t learn nothin…. Don’t worry you won’t even notice those leaves being gone in 2 weeks :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

Id keep weaving those tops through the netting. Most flip at about 60-75% full nets, and im not sure 5 days will buy you enough time. But im sure she’ll flower out then.

Definitely ur call. And i concur, no real nono’s when it comes to growing reefer. Properly timed defoliation is fine. Any big leaves that dont tuck outta the way, get pruned anyway

2 Likes

Yikes. This is just one plant, I figured that she’d take up ~1/3rd of the 4’x4’ netting… Was planning on 4 plants in 4x4 (next grow).

Ok, well, let’s see how much new growth there is by next weekend. I’ve already clipped one fan leaf and may go down there and do another one later today…

1 Like

Id take this one without a second thought to it

1 Like

Next time I’m downstairs!

Is this a better picture of Pre flowers?

3 Likes

Yes it is

I moved the plant to a RDWC system, as I’d long planned… a lot more water in this system (33 gal) hopefully I won’t see the PPM drop over the course of a week as it did in the 7.5gal system.

Also, hopefully I don’t misread the CalMagic dosing instructions again … I had a smidge of some cal deficiency, probably cause I mis-dosed again.

Was thinking about going to 12/12 this weekend but I think I’m going to let it go at least another week. This is my first grow and I’m anxious to get her through the process … yield is important but I want to get her done so I can start 4 plants next.

Thoughts? Advice? Today is day 33.

3 Likes

Also, what’s this foam in my resv? In saltwater aquariums, I’d say my protein skimmer wasn’t working right…

Today’s photo

2 Likes

Not sure at all but she’s happy and healthy as heck! Looking good

1 Like

Yea, that’s an older pic. @PurpNGold74

5w2d old, 2nd day at 12/12

2 Likes

Looking fabulous!! :clap:t2::clap:t2::+1:t2: Just keep tucking that girl. She’ll get away from you quick if you don’t stay on top of her. Might even want to prepare a second scrog if you haven’t already. Try to keep it all level. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Need to do something, if I can, to spread this out a bit more. Maybe.

I think this might be a bud site/flower just getting started. The plant has been on 12/12 for 7 days.

Starting adding GH Armor Si this week. Hope I don’t screw anything up by using it in my RDWC setup (the plant will see a higher-pH water+Si for an hour or so while the Si mixes).

3 Likes

I use a controller & peristaltic pump to control pH. I’ve also been doing research about products like the Bluelab Pro Controller, which can add nutes (in the correct proportions) to get PPM/EC in the target range.

I figured maybe I’d turn the supply pump off (minimize the drain), and drain best I can (several gallons get left behind), add the water (chloramine filtered out, but not RO), turn on the mixing pump, then use the peristaltic pump to add the Si over about 10 minutes, then mix for 20. After all that, my pH 7.5 tap water was nearly at 9.

So far, so good, I used the peristaltic pump to pump in CalMag, FL Micro, Gro, Bloom, manually got the pH close (was at 6.7, I got it to 6.2), then turned on the pH controller (with 10% pH Down), dumped in the Hydroguard and watched the pH slowly arrive at 5.8.

No precipitation, nutes not cloudy, so I guess the Si went in ok.

See my Journal (on the ILGM Journal site), but the girl is 25" tall, 23" from the HGL 320 XL v2 Rspec (@ 100%), bushy and a happy clam.

Two weeks into 12/12 start defoliating the bottom regions?

1 Like

I would put on another scrog and spread them out again before they get too stiff on you.
I usually set up a second scrog with photos and put it on about the time they start flowering.
These autos have been kinda weird as far as knowing when to do anything cause it’s like you go in there one day and the next they’re flowering.
I like photos so much better. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Today’s photos.

Is this where buds come from? (This is 1.5w of 12/12)

3 Likes

Looks like she’s getting close. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Today’s photos.

The girl broke free of her undergarments. Is this something I should worry about?? Maybe put some zip ties around the net pot so it doesn’t get worse?

2 Likes

Can you explain what exactly your talking about here? … netting maybe?

Doing a scrog can be challenging at times in hydro because they grow so quick. Working the scrog can almost be a daily choir.

If you’ve never done cropping, I would look into it. It will help you get them more even when they do get out of control. Pinch and roll the branch between your fi fire to soften it up. After it’s soft, slightly twist and bend just enough till you feel a little snap. Sometimes the stem will break/split. If that happens, no worries. She’ll keep on growing.

Some will use a zip tie and put it on backwards so you can adjust or just take it off later.

You can also pinch a stem/branch if it looks like it’s getting too tall. Just roll it between your fingers. Just enough to bruise it. It will chock that stem into recovery mode and slow it down while sending more juices to other parts of the plant. You may have to do it more than once to the same branch. But it helps. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Look at the left side of the netpot, see where it’s broken (split top to bottom)? I’m concerned that if this continues, the media may fall through into the container.

2 Likes