Hey brother, sorry! I didn’t mean to get you all in a frenzy. I noticed you keep posting that same picture and I thought you were concerned about it. I’ve seen that type of bud before on here and thought it was a problem for you and just trying to look out for you. Kind of a funky looking flower to me.
I’ll go back to my corner and be silent.
Thanks db, myfriend and covert, sorry to have bothered y’all. Just tryin to help a brother out. Guess I jumped the gun.
Oh no! Argh. No, I didn’t apply anything. I saw in the “definitive WPM discussion” a conclusion that JMS Stylet-Oil (a paraffinic oil) was the best product. I haven’t been able to find it locally (yet), but I am planning on defoliating the bottom 1/3rd tomorrow or Saturday.
Will the defoliation be helpful? Should I delay?
I also read that silicon plays a role in the plants ability to tolerate/fight it off. See the other link where I describe my overdose of Armor Si…
There was also some discussion in the WPM thread about using Hydroguard, ?as a foliar spray?? I have that on-hand, is it worth a try? How much dilution?
My environment is ~74-75F, 45-50%RH, 33gal RDWC w/GH Flora trio, calmag, si, hydroguard. I only have two fans blowing on the plant, and one of them is … small. I’ve been putting off getting (more) fan(s), but I suppose I should get off my a$$ and get to HD for at least one more.
My only suggestion for WPM, is to maintain air flow, monitor Relative Humidity, and apply hydrogen peroxide regularly (about every few days) before lights out. Neem oil is effective for a short period of time as well, but not recommended for use in flowering.
I have not found something that I’ve used that prevents it, but I’ve read some fungicides do. I haven’t tried any of those yet.
Anyway, I had to start dosing pH UP, as the nutes were drifting down (not up anymore)… but it’s been steady without any dosing for 24h. I think everyone had recovered from the silicon adventure. My nerves are still a bit shot though.
I trimmed a bunch of lower fan leaves that seemed to have WPM on them. I also had to adjust the net pot — it had gone off-center a bit and looked like it might fall in to the bucket. That’d be bad.
I would defoliate some of the larger leaves, especially if it’s blocking flower sites. Some of the under canopy could be cleaned up.
Looking good for sure though, above comments were directed to keep the larf down. It’s not fun to trim.