What's happening with my plants?

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc) *Blueberry female from ILGM

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container? *Outdoor in 15 gal grow bag

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)? *N/A

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type? *Soil

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant? *Soil ph runoff as of today was 6.1. Using ph up/down adjusting to 6.5 ph. Recently went away with using soil ph meter to using runoff after reading posts in these forums. Soil meter read 8.0 ph so I may have shocked the roots with 5.5 ph to adjust ph down.

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir. *Using nitro grow @ 2-0-0 and fish poop/guano @ 9-6-0 all adding at half strength.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps? *60-70 degrees in daytime and 40-45 degrees at night. Measured root zone temp daytime @50-55 degrees. Night time N/A.

Humidity %? Day vs. night *N/A
Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR? *N/A

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? *N/A

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering? *6 weeks from seed.

@Novicetoker what kind of soil are you using?

The first pic is too much quick release nitrogen ( water soluble amonia, usually in fresh manures or artificial fertilizers) the plant is literally bursting with growth …
Second pic is anybody guess…there are many little creatures leaving similar traces after munching…

Just my humble opinion…

2 Likes

I’m using generic patio soil thato has bat guano, earthworm castings at N-P-K. 01-.01-.01. I also added some compost to it. Not sure right now what the ratios are at the moment. All that is at home but I can update soon.

If you add bat guano and earthworm casting to any soil, no matter how barren it was, you should not have to feed the plant at all, that means it should be taken care of till you harvest it…
Some outdoor growers here in NorCal do not use anything else than bat guano at the beginning…
By the time the plant starts to flower, most of the nitrogen is used up and phosphorus is readily available to support the budding…

You should make a choice before you plant a seedling…

1. Go completely organic, amend the soil and forget about it…
  2. Go with nutes and other supplements…
    It will grow quickly , but you really have to be on top of your PH …and other measurements…

Iam too lazy for all that so I grow it like a weed…:slight_smile:

5 Likes

How exactly do you test outdoor soil pH @ragnar?

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

I admit , I dont…
I went to forestry school in early 80’s and worked as forester later on at several locations in Czech mountains…
The general rule was this…
Pine, spruce, firs…acidic
Oaks, beech, maples…alkaline
Mixed forest…neutral

Now, is this exact or always right ? Of course not !
I also look at the natural local rock, example limestone or dolomite will make the soil very alkaline…

Anyway, the truth of the matter is that I checked PH of my soil the first time in my whole life with tester after I joined this forum…
I never paid attention to PH much, I just amend my soil with rabbit manure and other composted matter and plant…
But also the truth is that I grow cannabis the first time, but I look at it as a tomato…

I grow gigantic tomatoes btw…:slight_smile:

Anyway, please guys do as the experts here say, I am not an expert, just saying how I do stuff…
Happy growing !!!

4 Likes

This is awesome. It’s been raining quite a bit in California so some of the added nutes are being rinsed out of the soil. When it starts to dry out a bit I will flush it completely and go from there. I will stick with ph’d water until that doesn’t get the job done. I am clearly new to this so I am still learning. In my backyard grow I have 3 Blueberry fems and 3 Northern Lights fems from ILGM. My order of 5 Lowryder AF should be arriving any day now so I will add those to my grow as well. We smoke maybe a 1/2 oz a month so this should last us a good while. I will let you know how they progress. Thanks again for your help. Your advice plus that of others who have contributed, along with the awesome experience I’ve had with this online service is why I will ONLY buy from ILGM. Thanks again everyone!!

2 Likes

Happy growing man, if you go completely organic, they will grow a little slower, but they will be much more resistant to all kinds of issues…
You will do great and grow healthy " monsters" !!!
Godspeed !!!

1 Like

@Ragnar I have a quick question on this matter. I just flushed all 6 of my plants using only ph’d water. I flushed 3x’s pot volume. Would I need to feed them after this flushing or continue to only water until flowering?

@Novicetoker
I dont know whats your plan, are you going to plant them in ground ? Or you keep them in pots until harvest ?
I would personally dig a hole , amend the soil with some organic matter and bat guano , plant them in and just water…
If you keeping them in the same pot you got them in now I dont know anything about flushing …
@bob31
@Hogmaster
@Hawkeye_diesel
Hey guys I think @Novicetoker wants to switch from nutes to fully organic, I dont know anything about flushing and what its going to achieve…
Can you pinch in ?

I have them in pots and have to finish them in the pots. The soil I used had bat guano and earthworm castings. My question is, should I use nutes now that I have flushed the plants? Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that.

1 Like

No worries, I think you had bought soil already pre- mixed with bat guano and earthworm castings…
I dont think the manufacturers put enough that stuff in and you had already flushed, I dont know what its gonna do, never flushed before…
Lets wait for someone more experiented to jump in…
@garrigan62
@Countryboyjvd1971

You’re 100% right. It was in there already when I bought it.

@Novicetoker

you have the best going on for you plants. the more worm castings the better best nutrient on the planet.
here’s what i do one gal rain water, two tsp worm castings, one tsp of bat guano ( Mexican ) one tsp fisf 5.1.1 and two caps of Hydrogen peroxide. and you plants will love you for it all organic

Will

3 Likes

You should feed on last flush the idea is to get rid of excess and correct ph not starve them :slight_smile: very common misunderstanding but if the soil is totally flushed you would be increasing the shock I usually add LK on last rinse the humic acids help reduce stress

ok @garrigan62 will, i asked a question on your thread and this answers it…1 gallon of water…lol thanks

@BIGE Where did i leave my head this morning…one gal rain water doesn’t mater how much each one gets cause the mixture won’t burn your plants.

Will

1 Like

So I am finding more and more of these on my plants. Are these spider mites? I’m trying to do reverse Google search and there are so many different types. I read in a forum that they can cause similar symptoms to what was being discussed in this forum. Can anyone concur?

1 Like

These are the little bastards that have made a home in my soil and plants. This is a thrip? They kind of look like fungus gnat early stage. Not sure tho…