Whats happening here!? First grow

Well, first, I am not an expert, just a decent grower. Second, of course potash is going to be a crapload of K. Lol, but for bloom that’s what you want. However, don’t go overboard on it because you don’t want to lockout other nutrients, everything has to be in balance.

2 Likes

i put these seedlings into these pots aug 27 i believe @revhead i’ll tag you in my thread.

Is the nutes off or is that the day it was made??

Hey there @revhead , sorry I don’t check every day. I’m going to say that promix and the coco/perlite blend are more similar than dissimilar, but I’ve only ever used ProMix. I bought a 3.8Cf bale that lasted a year and 10 plants lol. Great deal!

If you just threw a seed in promix or coco alone I wouldn’t be placing bets on yield, I’d be placing bets on survival. For the first month, you might be like “Hey this might work”, but without nutrients its growth will be stunted and in time would consume too much of itself to sustain flowers. Every growing thing needs food!

1 Like

Hi All,

I finally had a chance to buy some PH UP and PH Down and check my run off. I applied water ph to 6 (approx 1 litre) and caught the run off and tested that - 5.9.

At the same time, I got my TDS meter out and tested the PPM in the run off and I got 357.

The Ph seems to be within range but I am unsure about the TDS.

This seems to leave two possibilities:

1. Light Burn
  2. Sulpher Deficiency (I added some epsom salts the previous week).

I am sure there could be some other causes…

@Macadon @EclecticJack @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin

2 Likes

That’s a bit low of ph for soil.
ph%20range

Your Ph is a tad low, try to get it up between 6.3 and 6.8. You’r PPM is good for those size plants.

3 Likes

What is your PPM going in?

1 Like

The TDs is 3,570 that 10 on the side means multiply by 10. It’s a little high but nothing to worry about but you should just use plain water for a while. And make sure the ph runoff you checked went all the way through cause sometimes you can end up checking the same water you went in with. If that is your true ph in and out then you are close to a toxicity.which leads to nutrient lockout that would cause the deficiency you said.If that’s the case you should give them a flush and use water for a while and try to bring the ph up a little at least to 6.5 out. You should do the flush now, cause if you harvest with a toxicity it will kill most of the taste.

1 Like

Thanks @raustin ,

I was under the impression that the acceptable PH range was between 5.5-6.5.

When I water/feed next, what should I PH my water to?

I have tap water (mains) which is 7.2 and rainwater which is about 7.5.

Since the PH is a tad low, is it worthwhile not to even PH?

You’re in soil, right?

@raustin, Yep, organic soil

Ok, then your next water or feed Ph your water to 6.8 and that will slowly get your Ph up to 6.3. After that, keep watering at that Ph to get to 6.5 over the next week.

What do you normally Ph your water to?

1 Like

@raustin Thanks heaps.

Well, I only just purchased some PH up and PH down so I was previously just using tap water.

Since the purchase, I have only watered once and I set that to 6 so i am wondering whether I am getting a true reading from the run off or just testing the water I poured in.

No, that sounds about right. You were just ph-ing too low.

1 Like

@EclecticJack around 135

I think @Macadon mentioned that meter is a times 10. You are actually putting in 1,350 PPMs which looking at your Bergman feeding schedule, is kinda high for any week. Your run off was 3,570, that also sounds high. That means the leftover food your plants couldn’t handle is building up. Very correctable with little effort. A little flushing wouldn’t hurt.

I think we are finding out your plants are not starving so don’t increase your feed. I would listen to @raustin and dial in your pH. I’m a 6.3pH feeding kinda guy.

3 Likes

Looks like my ILGM White Widdow Auto is showing similar signs of yellowing on the top leaves.

I tested the PPM of plain water and that showed 025. I then collected the run off which was 411. The Ph was 6.2

I generally add a bit of seaweed extract with every 2nd 3rd watering and I did a TDS test and that showed the mixed solution (of just water and the seaweed)

to be 600 PPM. Since the seaweed extract is not a fertilizer I am wondering whether this is affecting the PPM in the soil? It may be hard to distinguish whether the high PPM is due to the extract or left over nutes.

On another note, the Red poison is flowering well! Yellowing is gone (unsure what I did to stop it lol)

Is your red Poison a auto? If so how old is it? I’ve got a couple red Poison autos that are 3 weeks old today. and they’ve been some very picky plants about what is done to them. They still look rougher than my other plants.