Whats going on here?

White Widow Auto, day 80, in flower week 6. Buds forming slow, not very fat and now looks like tufts of pistils on the tops of the buds closest to the light, in varying amounts: .

One bud while skinny, looks weeks to harvest (is it?) with lots of light colored tufts of pistils. Other one looks ready to harvest now and the tip has a small patch of pistils. Should I let it all go for a couple more weeks and start flush, or can I stretch it to 4 more weeks and try to plump these babies up?

1 Like

Those are both on the same plant (second one under LED light with a flash, first just cam flash)

They look like the buds are bleached, how close are your lights?

Bleaching is a white appearance like your buds are presenting, causes of this are usually being to close to the light and get “burned” in a sence thus causing it to turn white, its unhealthy for the plant

Also I will get you a support ticket it appears you have a ph problem

3 Likes

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

1 Like

Majiktoker ILGM Grow Mentor
February 17
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

white widow auto Bergman’s

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

Hydroponic

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

Solution in reservoir, drip and recirc

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS was about 900 in veg, now low Nitrogen and around 550

Indoor or Outdoor

indoor

Light system, size?

LED approx set at 125W now 85% 660nm, 10% 455nm and 5% 730nm custom (i work in lighting industry-Sr LED engineer) adj spectrum can provide captured spectrum from veg and now in flower (sunday)

Temps; Day, Night 75F day, 65 nite (verifying with Hobo recorder in 2 days

Humidity; Day, Night

45% day hobo will record nite

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

6" 440cfm on speed control down to 50%

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Humidifier outside booth

Co2; Yes, No NO

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Within the next few days will provide spectrum and hobo record-traveling till sunday

Thanks a lot!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Majiktoker ILGM Grow Mentor
February 17
They look like the buds are bleached, how close are your lights? Bleaching is a white appearance like your buds are presenting, causes of this are usually being to close to the light and get “burned” in a sence thus causing it to turn white, its unhealthy for the plant Also I will get you a sup…
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Ok, when you get home get a ph reading likely that is what’s going on

3 Likes

got home for a few hrs- pH is 6.4 ppm is 527 neuts are 8-15-36. Temp is a little cool at 68 during the day and 64 at nite, RH 52 during day 45 at nite. running 20Hr days (cause its an auto) and here’s one more pic

And here is the flower spectrum- note I have a little 730nm in there which promotes flowering in normal plants. wonder if it’s making the auto do wacky stuff?

1 Like

The light is about 4" from the highest buds, 8-10" from the short ones. It’s now 640umoles/m2/S at the tall ones and 420umoles at the lower ones. Lots of data. Its the way I do things. I have a lot of LED experience with edible plants, weed is new to me.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Light bleaching and your ph is off for coco should be 5.8 take a piece of paper hold it near light and pull away until it is perfectly blended your light should be around 12" away at that point the paper will show no spots if not raise light :wink: just my 2 cents and do get your ph in check you are showing signs of ph fluctuation which leads to multiple nute deficiencies

Coco should be treated just like hydro Ph 5.5-6.2 5.8 being best[quote=“Zap, post:8, topic:9204”]
The light is about 4" from the highest buds, 8-10" from the short ones.
[/quote]

light is far too close

3 Likes

I will raise the light to get better color-blending and reduce light level. Note, i use hydroton, not coco for media. I will also drop the pH level some. I check pH daily and with veg nutes i was able to keep it at 6.1 or 2, now with flower nutes it has crept up to 6.4 to 6.6 and i have to add ph down to tame it.

Thanks! Anybody else want to weigh-in? I am open to suggestions.

What does light-bleaching do to my weed? Never heard of it before this forum.

Ok @Zap, first, welcome to ILGM forum, the greatest forum on earth for learning cannabis growing and much more :grinning::innocent:

You are a senior expert in LED and your knowledge are welcome here :grinning:

From my humble knowledge, plant need a full spectrum to thrive at their maximum potential.

So, led chips from these spectrum will be advisable :

2-410nm, 2-430 ~440nm, , 4 -450~475nm,10- 620~630nm, 5-650~670nm , [ IR and UV chips also (1 or 2 of each)] and consider the ratio as an example, you can go with full spectrum chips too :relaxed:

And light bleaching are affecting the plant in the photosynthesis processus by “burning” the chloroplasts cells (Photosynthesis is a process used by plants and other organisms to convert light energy into chemical energy that can later be released to fuel the organisms’ activities (energy transformation). This chemical energy is stored in carbohydrate molecules, such as sugars, which are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water).

Hoping that’s helping you @Zap

~Al :v: :innocent:

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion you are growing in full hydroponics which is my system and something I do and help people with every other day and when I said 5.8 is the sweet spot I assure you I am not joking.

At 5.8 every possible nutrient is available for your ladies so they will remain green and lush even in flower right up until you finish or flush. Drift simply is a result of your plant consuming nutrients and a low 527ppm during flower means will be even less stable ph can I ask how large a res you are using? this also greatly effects ph stablity?

2 Likes

Great advise @Donaldj :+1::ok_hand::relaxed::innocent:

1 Like

Hi @Zap. Welcome to ILGM.

One thing I noticed is that 8-15-36 may be a little high in nitrogen for flowering. It is great for Veg but may cause problems in flowering as the plant does not use that much nitrogen in flowering.

As @Niala mentioned, a LED light expert is a nice thing to have here. I am sure you can help a lot of us on LED use and spectrum. Good luck on your grow. Jerry

2 Likes

Also great advise, Jerry :+1: :ok_hand: :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi all, really appreciate the feedback. Im on the road till Sunday afternoon late and will get back then. I dont have enough pH down to drop it that much-surprised the 8 of Nitrogen is too much. Will dump the tank and reload when i get back. 2 tanks and three 10"x 4’ trays of Boston lettuce running same system so in total maybe 40 gals. More tomorrow. Cheers-

2 Likes

Lol explains a lot the lettuce would love the high N Cannabis not so much the 8 isn’t too high perse’ but 15 is a bit low and so too is your ppm unless you are in last week should be closer to 900-1000 but this is also why your N isn’t too high since at that low ppm it would factor like a weak concentration. They don’t look too bad I suspect even just the ph change will improve their over all health we work with what we have :wink:

@donaldj
Yeah, lettuce, for real :slight_smile: Generally, the bigger the hydro system, the more stable. Change is slow in my system, with all the lettuce. Had 8 cherry pepper plants in my 3rd grow bay till last week when i pulled them. Had a lot of peppers but too slow to ripen and all these lights were really $$ to run.

I had it at 900ppm during veg, and used hi nitrogen then. Another forum gave different info. Said keep the pH at 6.5 and nutes lower during flower so did it. I can fix these things, already raised the LEDs this morning and added some pH down and some mure nutes.

You can see the trichomes are cloudy. Is it too late for one more push with complete new nutes, or should i run clear and flush for 2 weeks and accept skinny colas?

If the former, please suggest the NPK- Thanks!

You can still push them again by hitting them with a 0-50-30 and a little cal mag 2-0-0 for N I am not sure what you use for base nutrients to get your micro nutrients? But I know a boost in P will trigger some fresh growth and bud development. The low ppm will have put your ladies into a stall basically triggering a early ripening period a reduced ppm in flower does speed flower but it deprives plant of nutrients when they are most needed the 6.5 ph is primarily for soil grows. I can say for sure if you can get them back into true form but at the least you will have a better understanding for future grows I use a Lucas Formula during flower 2 parts bloom 1 part micro at about 6ml-8 micro 12-16ml bloom for base nutrients then add bloom booster which can vary 052-25 0-50-30 etc. half dose first week with Cal-mag 2-0-0 with target ppm around 1100 and I bump ppm weekly up to about 1500 week 6 then I start to dial back simply topping off with ph water and flavoring sweeteners if desired the ppm will slowly drop to about 900 by end of 10 days then I set ppm around 500 for last change and follow same drill ph water top offs further lowering ppm until 48hrs before harvest when I start flush

2 Likes