What's going on here:

Yup, that’s low.
Top dressing with dolomite lime (the powdered, 1 tbs/gallon of container size) will help buffer your soil, and raise the pH. It’s not immediate.
I’d adjust the pH of the water up just before watering. Bring it up to pH 7.0 the first time. Your nutes as well.
Then next week do another slurry test.
Since you’re about a month from harvest I wouldnt do anything drastic. She’ll finish up great.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag. Glad you got your Meter The next time you plan on feeding.add nutes to water then check pH. An Add pH UP to get back To Sweet Spot 6.5 .

1 Like

Thank you everyone. I think I can get the dolomite at Home Depot but I’m not sure about the PH Up, their website shows I can get it delivered to the store so I’m assuming it’s not there. I am due to water tomorrow so I guess the PH Up will have to be the next watering. As far as nutes go, which should I give? I have the Fox Farm Trio, I had been just giving the Tiger Bloom but maybe she needs nitrogen. I also have cal mag, do you think I should give that too? Thanks again!

1 Like

If you do not have pH up, potassium bicarbonate, or a way to raise pH, you should not feed. Adding nutes to water (especially nitrogen heavy ones) will drastically drop the pH of your solution.

Amazon has pH up too.

Btw doing this is probably why your soil pH is currently low.

1 Like

This is probably a stupid question, but can PH Up for pools be used? Because Home Depot has that in stock. I’m assuming not but since I’m headed to Home Depot I figured I’d ask.

2 Likes

Good question. I don’t know… @Myfriendis410 @MattyBear

1 Like

Its looking nice btw but they need space to grow and do spary on it…

1 Like

That explains the low ph No meter to check it. And when you add nutes to water it drives pH Down. For example My well Is about 5.9. If I add about 800 ppm of bloom nutes At that point. My pH is about 4.7. And I need to. Ph back up.

1 Like

I would be afraid to use it. People are in contact with it but you are using it for something you will consume. The pet store sells PH up for ponds–a better choice and in a pinch you can use Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate) but problems can occur if used too much.

2 Likes

I bought the Epsoma Garden Lime, so it’s in a 3 gallon pot, I should just sprinkle the top with 3 tbsp? I have a little FFOF, should I mix it with a little of that or just straight up dolomite on top? Thanks

Mix in the 3 tbsp with the top few inches of soil. Dont use cal mag after.

1 Like