What's going on here:

Hi - I’m having trouble with one of my plants and can’t figure out what the problem is, would appreciate any help. Here is my info:

Strain: ILGM Sour Diesel Auto

FFOF soil in 3 gallon fabric pot

System type? - no tent, in basement with homemade reflective walls surrounding 3 sides

PH - have not tested at all, PH meter ordered and on the way

Nutrients: FF Tiger Bloom & FF Liquid Plant Food Big Bloom (brown liquid, not BIG BLOOM in green bottle), nutes, nutes, water - I water every 3 days, when soil is completely dry

Indoor

Light system - HLG 260 rspec XL

Temps; 75 day, 75 Night

Humidity; 50% Day, 50% Night

Ventilation system; None

Humidifier - Yes

Co2; No

Probably a lockout of nutrients due to improper ph levels.
Or not feeding enough but most likely ph is wrong.

Ok, thank you. Looking forward to receiving my PH meter. Strange that the 2 other plants that I have right next to this one are not showing the same problem, they are same age and get the same exact treatment.

Welcome ! I agree with @BetrayedSoul Good place to start By checking your runoff pH and PPM and make adjustments from there. Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. My ph meter can’t get here quick enough, I’m nervous because this plant is covered in buds I hope I don’t lose it. It was due to be watered today so I put it in the sink and completely flushed it, that’s about all I can do until the meter comes. Thanks again!

1 Like

Your plants going to be fine With a couple adjustments. Hopefully you have 4 an 7 pH solution to calibrate your new pH meter.

1 Like

That plant is doing remarkably well for using fox farms nutes and not testing pH. She looks a little hungry, maybe a touch of calcium def, but honestly you should be able to fix that easily and bring her to full harvest.
I’m curious as to where your soil pH currently lies, (as well as your water). When the meter arrives you should do a slurry test to find out.

1 Like

I bought this one and the questions asked state that it comes pre calibrated, I hope that’s true otherwise I’ll have to wait even longer to remedy this situation because I’ll have to order and then wait for the solution, all the stores are closed here and Amazon is taking longer than normal to deliver.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

I will post the PH results once it arrives. I still don’t understand why the other 2 that are right next to her are completely fine, doesn’t make sense, their leaves are deep green. Oh well, maybe they will turn up with the same problem and I’ll be ahead of the game this time. Thanks for the reply

2 Likes

Very good choice on pH meter, It may come with calibration solution. I agree with @Drinkslinger My first thoughts looking at the picture. She looked a little hungry.

1 Like

Thats a great meter. It comes with the pH 4&7 calibration fluid, so you can calibrate it yourself. It’s fairly easy. Eventually (6 months or so) you’ll need to buy more calibration fluid…

2 Likes

Your kit You purchased, looks to come with Calibrating solution.

1 Like

Every plant is different and reacts differently to stimulus. Some plants are more sensitive than others.

As stated; runoff numbers would be helpful but your plant looks to be on track. About 6 weeks in to flower, it looks like and larger fans are being consumed by the plant. Pretty much normal for that age.

I usually remove all of those leaves in the third or fourth week of flower as the plant really doesn’t need them any more. You have ample light so pretty sure you are hitting your DLI.

1 Like

Since today is watering day and I just flushed her about an hour ago should I give some cal mag and nitrogen heavier nutes like FF Grow Big? Or should I just leave it and wait to the PH meter arrives?

Personally I would wait get my meter. See what my numbers are.

1 Like

So do you think this yellowing of the leaves could be normal because the plant is putting all it’s energy into the buds and I shouldn’t worry too much about it?

1 Like

Ok, will do, thanks

1 Like

The plant extracts nutrients stored in those leaves and as a result the leaves yellow and die off. When they are easy to release from the main stem just remove them.

1 Like

I hope nobody minds me tagging, I wasn’t sure if this follow up post would be seen if I didn’t tag, new grower and also new to posting on this forum so I’m not sure exactly how it works. Anyway, I received my PH meter today and calibrated it. The tap water I’ve been using to water with is 5.9. I did a slurry test of the soil, because it’s not due to be watered yet and that came up at 5.6. I have no clue what these numbers mean, hopefully someone can help? Thanks in advance, everyone here is so helpful. @BetrayedSoul @Drinkslinger @kellydans @Myfriendis410

3 Likes

Tagging is done just like you did: perfect.

Your soil is a bit low PH but not really bad. If it were me I would pick up some dolomitic lime and top dress the soil layer to buffer up a bit. 6.5 being ideal.

2 Likes