Whats everyone doing with there autos looking for ideas

Hi all :love_you_gesture::sunglasses:

just a little the topic what’s everyone doing with there autos I’ve currently got 4 girls running and looking to try something different with two of them just a little experiment to see if doing something different as to just letting them grow will increase yield or density Or reduce it??

1 Like

I just LST I’ve seen someone’s bubblegum auto around here that they fimmed and it turned out awesome so since I have a crystal candy xl auto variety coming and those veg for extra long so could benefit with a fimming otherwise I think they’re looking pretty good for a pure organic grow that I screwed up their first 3 weeks lol

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing @GreenSnek i can’t see the image as it won’t load, I’ve thought about lst but I’m worried about stressing these girls out :pensive:how early do you start your lst and when do you stop I’m assuming it may be when she starts to flower or do you continue through the flowering stage, I’ve never seen anyone fim an auto from what I’ve read topping and fiming an auto is a big stress inducer and with the autos flowering when they like it could dramatically affect the yield as there’s no way of letting the plant recover if she decided to flower early there’s not a grate deal of info on these topics I’m just trying to find out really if these techniques can be preformed safely without affecting the plant or forcing it to flower early :sunglasses::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

That’s the weird thing though because if you stress a auto early on it tends to veg longer recuperating that damage (at least that’s been my experience so far) so maybe you don’t lose as much as you’d think but LST is totally safe as long as you don’t snap anything I typically Lst in a circular motion until they hit the flower stretch cause they become more brittle also the main cola will already be as tall as the offshoots anyways

2 Likes

So how soon do you start your lst on your plants just so I can gage a rough idea my biggest plant is 25 days old

am thinking she’s still a little to small for any kind of lst I’m definitely interested in starting early if they hold veg longer so I can keep her low and spread these out In the area I have :love_you_gesture::sunglasses: and if you have a journal if possible can you throw me a tag thanks

1 Like

As soon as the top can reach the edge of the pot you can start lst you can go to Zkittlez Comparisons where we collectively figured things out( I know 1800 is a lot of posts to skim through)

2 Likes

Thanks @GreenSnek this has been very helpful I’m going to have a good read through I need more info before i go ahead with these girls I’m trying to achieve something worth while with these autos feel so uncomfortable doing autos as I don’t have full control like reg fems it’s quite intimidating lol :joy:

1 Like

Nahh I see it as a challenge , how big can I grow this plant before I run out of time, I love it

3 Likes

Yeah I guess if you look at it like a challenge it makes its more exciting I’m just worried I fudge something up :rofl::rofl: those plants of yours are looking very healthy Good work hopefully I can get somewhere close to what your doing :love_you_gesture::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Growingscotland. I have topped 2 autos with i dont think any difference. Ita a touch shorter than the one not topped but i figured that anywho. I went from 1 main to 2. @Not2SureYet is good with autos. He might can help u out in a positive way even if not2 sure cant which i doubt he can throw a few more auto runners to help. L Lst u can start right now if u want to start to train the leave where u want them to go just be gentle and use stakes to stake it to the dirt. Stick stakes in once dont keep stabbing to get a good bite so u dont harm roots much. Welcome to the forum and happy growing buddy

3 Likes

What kind of stuff u using. Medium. Lights nutes

1 Like

Mornin @GreenSnek. Cheers with my cup of coffee and a good dab. Plant looking nice bud

2 Likes

Autos? P_R_D_-3-2-1
I put them all in D (drive), drop a brick on the gas peddle, and send them over a cliff into the Atlantic Ocean.
Frankenstein has better genetics!

1 Like

Thanks mate im still surprised how well the dry nute regiment turned out considering I basically pulled it out of my azz after hearing mr canucks say in a video that he used to use DTE and they called for soiless needing 20 Tbs of amendments besides the recent phosphorous deficiency I kinda nailed it

3 Likes

I’m on my first grow ever right now with Gorilla Glue autos. I wanted to go straight to the deep end so I tried supercropping mine. Didn’t seem to stress her, she was looking and reaching for the lights within a few hours of doing it.
Waited until she was big enough to reach the edge of the pot

A few hours later

5 Likes

Thanks @Mark0427

So you’ve successfully topped autos without any noticeable difference was there any affect or difference in how they yielded? The one main into to is what I’m thinking I want but I’m also interested in the fiming side of things like @GreenSnek mentioned in a earlier post, yeah I’d be happy to see what @Not2SureYet has up his sleeve advice wise I’m just looking to get as much info as possible so I can make a decision on where I’m going to go and what route and the best techniques to use if been out this morning and started working the stems to help point them in the right directions

Secondly
I’m running a 600w hps not the greatest but they grow I plan to upgrade to hlg soon

Soil, I’m running biobizz allmix 10% clay pebbles in the bottom bio buzz recommend no nutes for the first two to 3 weeks

I’ve been misting the plant with formlex root enhancement when light are out but she’s not getting proper nutes yet

Thanks again stay safe :love_you_gesture::sunglasses:

Out of like atm. Hey there is plenty of help out here for ya buddy. Everyone trys to be one big happy growing family here. If u cant find help here to help ya grow then ya just aint got it in u at all i think. Heck these guys here can probably get my kids to grow a good plant if they can follow directions. We all came to the right forum. No one bashes u for ur plants or equipment might make suggestions but wont bash u. I think not 2 sure yet will be able to run u in a good route. @Nicky might be of help also and can get u some helpers. Im still learning who grows whats and whos whens and whys lmao

3 Likes

@CoyoteCody @Covertgrower @kaptain3d @Bulldognuts @LoCoRock any help for this m8

2 Likes

Wow a super cropped auto never expected to see this in my wildest that’s definitely in the deep end but well done the plant looks grate how far along is she?

1 Like

Looks great!

2 Likes