What's a good photoperiod strain that wont grow too tall for an indoor grow?

Need a strain that wont grow to tall inmy indoor tent

2 Likes

Some strains can be shorter; however, there isn’t all that much of a difference between strains. Plant height is better managed by training and when you flip the plant. If you want a short plant, then get yourself a photoperiod plant, learn about topping, FIMing, and supercropping, and flip the plant to flower more quickly.

10 Likes

Sounds good,thanks

I topped and lst’d the whole way but I managed to keep my entire photo stock to 2’ and under so far and there’s sativa in there.

2 Likes

How To Low Stress Train (LST) Hemp - YouTube

2 Likes

San Fernando valley og was the most non stretching short squat plant I ever ran. It only got about 30” tall and as soon as it flowered it never stretched another inch. This was outdoor in my living soil raised beds. The plants there are usually form into multihead bushes 5-7 feet tall.

1 Like

Hello look into low stress training and topping or fimming main stock after 6 nodes you can manipulate lateral growth making the branches go sideways then up when u flower!!!

Girl scout cookies extreme is a good strain and will get good yield short and wide
Happy growing!!

ILGM Super Skunk has minimal, if any, stretch when going into flower.

As was pointed out above we’ve figured out ways around height through training.
Say you have a 2x4’ tent, by doing a true SCRoG you can effectively grow a 4’ tall plant that’s 18" “tall”.

In short, no pun intended, height of the plant is completely up to the grower and less so to the plant.

1 Like

Pretty much any indica dominate strains or full indica like hashplant or kush. Anything with afghan in it will do…

2 Likes

Bubblegum is a good short plant.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your advise

The shortest ILGM strain I have grown so far and was also a very nice smoke has been Gorilla Glue.

2 Likes

I have a grow closet and my plant is 5 feet tall, but will not bud, can you tell me what is wrong?

Welcome to the forum.

Auto or photoperiod? How old is the plant? How many hours of light does the plant get each day?

Good Morning, Midwest Guy, the plant is 4 months old, Last week I started 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness, the plant has not started Buding, I am growing in a closet in the basement? The plant is 5 feet tall.

1 Like

Good Afternoon, I have the Granddaddy Purple Feminized Seeds

You should begin seeing pistils at the tips of the plant any day now. It can take a week to 10 days for flowering to start once the light schedule is changed to 12/12.

Your plant isn’t getting enough light, and lighting is the single most important factor for productive growth. I suggest a light built with Samsung LM301 diodes. HLG, Mars Hydro, and Spider Farmer all have good options. Suggest 200 watts minimum for a single plant in a closet. You’re not going to get much off a plant with the lighting you have.

Adequate lighting will address the issue of the plant being too tall going forward. The plant is stretching and growing more tall to get more light. Good lighting will result in a more compact plant.

The dark green, waxy leaves are a result of overfeeding (nitrogen, specifically.) What soil are you using, what are you feeding the plant, and are you measuring and managing runoff PPM?

It will also help to fill those pots to within a couple of inches from the top with soil. Happy roots = happy plant.

3 Likes

Excellent advice. Also, make sure those roots don’t get too wet, 5 gallon buckets are sometimes a challenge to that regard. Lots drain/air holes up the sides would be my suggestion. Get out the drill baby… Like a spaghetti strainer.

3 Likes