What would you do?

YES!!! Get those R-Specs if u can.

24 hours of light talk and no one tagged the man?!?! Im disappointed in all of you! :joy::joy: (@dbrn32 just because im addicted to dropping tags)

Now the 600H is less ‘adjustable’ then 2 - 260’s. U can adjust one for shorter and one for taller plants (it WILL HAPPEN, plants love to to laugh at our plans) but as mentiond… if u can work a screwdriver and aren’t intimidating adding a car stereo? DIY is the way.

O yea. Welcome to ILGM. Your gonna like it round here :+1:t5:

5 Likes

The Light Guru said for a 4x4 the 260xl rspec was the way to go. And I cay say the results was worth the $799 I paid for the two. I also had a big chunk in taxes thus the $799.

I couldn’t do a DIY project. Just not possible.

This was my small plant that was over 7 feet tall and 8 foot wide. Yes, I grow Super Monsters indoors. :+1:

@PurpNGold74 I drop @dbrn32 name A LOT. I didn’t here because of how the 260xl rspec works. You have seen my small planta. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Haha true. But he doesnt mind. Ive been bombing his name for years now. Honestly im pretty sure i should be in the running for most tags dropped.

Ur plants do speak for themselves but ur some kinda grower bro. Ur results are not the norm nor to be expectd.

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Thanks for the compliments. I tag daily but not on the level you do… :joy::joy::joy:

You know I am not the regular grower. I always say I don’t recommend my technique. But if anyone wants to try to do what Indo, I will help them every step of the way. :+1:

2 Likes

600 kit is bigger in terms of power, but physical size is smaller. Going with two of the 260 xl kits would give you flexibility to get your light intensity levels a little more balanced in a 4x4.

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74, I did some digging around .I’m a Industrial electrician ,instead of buying the kits for $370 ea. I tracked down all the parts for this build and I can do it for around $290 each. 4-QB288 V2 Rspec and 2 slate 2 double from Horticulture $370. 2-Tulead Rope Clip Hanger Stainless Steel,Carbon Steel Rope Clip Rope Hanger Pack of 2 $21. 2-12 AWG 3 Conductor 3-Prong Power Cord $34. 2-MEAN WELL Single Output LED Driver Power Supply, $145. everything else I already have .Do these have a dimmer on the driver, or is it in line with the power cord.

1 Like

That is one hell of an endorsement.

1 Like

I see I am not the only onw that rigs up some string for stability. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Lol yeah that grow turned into a puppet show :joy: @MrPeat

4 Likes

That looks yummy. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

My viparspectra 1200 also seems to just fine but I don’t need a bunch. When I have used it up and will also look more closely at all my options.
@Watt-Sun

1 Like

I made my HLG 240 $135. With that and a 4x35w cob DIY I’ve been lighting a 4x4. If you can make it, I’d never buy a manufactured light.

1 Like

Sounds like an absolute WIN. Get ya 2 of em and consider ur space a factory. Im eyeballing an upgrade myself. At least these im rolling with will make bomb ass veg lights.

Pull the trigger.

@beardless its just facts man. Proper lighting is really half the fight. Then when u get it, the half u learnd before goes into overdrive.

@MrPeat again facts. U are an anomaly but one i dont mind pointing anyone to. An example in ‘Nothing u read honestly is set in stone, more of guidelines. Find YOUR setup’

@Watt-Sun… DAMN

3 Likes

Cool thank you I will start researching this !

1 Like

Light is the biggest limiting factor. If you go this route you will be able to produce a pound out of a 4x4 tent once you get the routine down. If you go the viparspectra route you might get 1/3 of that potentially? I think @MrPeat can give you a more accurate figure on that? Because hes done it already. I use an expensive light in the 1500 Canadian range, that is well worth the money because it grows nice plants and is really well built. But you would do extremely well to put your money into lights right away and not get buyers remorse. Crappy lights are hard to sell if you want to trade up. Better off getting enough go for the show!

3 Likes

I have ran the Viparspectra PAR600 and it does a ok job. Most I got was 3.32 oz dried, cured and no stems. This was enough for me but now that I have 2 Cancer patients I am helping, it was time to step up my game.

Last crop was 3 plants and yielded over 27 oz. ut I had to pull early because the branches was literally tesring itself apart. Even with support. :+1::+1::+1:

What I do is not the normal grower. @PurpNGold74 knows what I mean.

Even if another grower has the same setup as I do and everything identical doesn’t mean you can duplicate what I do. You have to remember I have been growing flowers, trees and veggie gardens since I was a wee lad. And my system is zeroed perfectly. :+1::+1::+1:.

3 Likes

I would change to triple slate. Allows for better spacing and less light overlap and really gets that light all the way to the edges of the tent.

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital I did some looking around ,and no one has Slate 2 Triple Predrilled 891mm Heatsink in stock .Not even horticulture lighting group. I put myself on some waiting list. I have a couple days before my money come in. Triple is a good idea.

1 Like

Aliexpress shows to have 201 left. Downside is the 20-40 days for delivery.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32990038003.html?spm=a2g0n.seo-amp-detail.productBottomBar.viewDetails&_gl=1*fpbppz*_ga*eHBxTTZvNmdZTmtodW15MzEzbjEyaUt6VlRKVl8tbWhyY1VCSUx3WWpBNWxrNjUtSjZMdGtXeHJJVnBvcmYzZQ

Another option is 4 single slates. You’ll just need to extend the wiring between boards but it would allow you to adjust the heights of each individual light; which helps when plants grow different heights.

2 Likes

Hey Bobby. Could u remove the link for me bro? Maybe just add a space in there and break the blue clickableness. I understand just sharing the good :poop: but u know… thanks dude

1 Like