What would you do? Harvest question

So I was thinking I had about 4 weeks left, but what do you think? I have planned on only a one week flush, as my thoughts are in a hydro set up, the plant will have nothing but distilled water for 7 days, that should be a sufficient flush.If this were your plant, what would you do? Would you start the flush this week? Next week? In my light panned three weeks? Longer than that? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

1 Like

And she has a bit of nutrient burn as well, not too sure if that would contribute to flushing earlier or not?

Still a lot of white pistils on her. Probably 3-4 weeks to go

1 Like

Ok, so you would agree wait about 2-3 weeks to flush still? Appreciate your thoughts @Deepsix

1 Like

I’m not a hydro guy, but I’m surprised to hear you’d flush with distilled water… Is this what all hydro growers do?

1 Like

And based on pistols, I’d say re evaluate in 3 weeks. You’ve got some bulking up to do.

I find it hard to guess being that far out

1 Like

TBH not sure what other guys are doing. I have read a lot of different opinions on flushing, so many it’s hard to know what is true. A few people say there is no need to flush at all. Some say go 2 weeks. My plan is to go 1 week, and see how she looks at that point. I will still be waiting a few weeks to flush, it seems that is agreed on. I was thinking 4 weeks still, that would put her at 10 weeks in flower. That would also be the ilgm seed bank recommendation.
@NeoGroR thanks for your thoughts!

And if I am being honest, I hope she Fattens the main colas some. I am not sure how much she will though. I did not trim as much as I probably should have, so she has buds everywhere! Like everywhere. I may have smaller main colas because of that, but hopefully I am wrong and those main colas get huge!

So, knowing the laws of osmosis, I think running pure distilled water would cause a massive water shift into the root cells… I think. I know in the human body this could cause cellular death, but I have zero clue when it comes to plants.

Just a thought.

1 Like

Hum, maybe I should do further research on a hydro flush.
I suppose I am in the right place at least!
@PurpNGold74 @peachfuzz @TDubWilly
I know you guys have all grown or are still growing in a hydro set up, And are very skilled at that growing method,how did you flush your plants? Or did you flush them?

2 Likes

A Dwc flush can go anywhere from 3 days to 10-14 days, depending on what the grower is looking for but you don’t need to do a 3 week flush

2 Likes

@TDubWilly I was thinking a 7 day flush. What did you use to flush though? Tap water? Distilled? I appreciate the response.

1 Like

I used reverse osmosis but distilled is fine

1 Like

You can use dechlorinated tap water or RO water. Distilled water is not required.

1 Like

You arent trying to replace the nutrients with H20, you are simply allowing the plant time to process the nutrient in its system. Believe it or not in a liquid hydro system this happens in less than a day. An example of this is how much water does you plant consume in a 24 hour period? Ask yourself if you were to fill the entire plant up with that water, would there be enough space in the volume of the plant to take all that water? Ill bet not! When a plant goes limp from dehydration, how long does it take for it to perk up after water is applied? 15 minutes? That is how fast water replaces itself up the stalk. Its really very fast. You are giving the plant a clean water transfusion. The chemicals are being consumed by the plant in a couple days max!

1 Like

In soil this process takes a week or two, and in fact, it really never reaches the cleanliness of a liquid hydro grow, soil retains nutrients too good for true flushing.Like my grammar?

2 Likes

@TDubWilly @Cannabian
Thanks for the info!
So just keep using the same water, just no nutrients. That was the plan, just making sure there was no issue with using nothing but distilled water. I am planning on waiting another week-3 weeks to start the flush. I had a small issue where my yo-yo hangers did not hold and snapped a branch, so I have a small amount in my drying tent now. I know it’s early, but hopefully it will still be decent to smoke!

A 24 hour flush on hydro…
And I mean straight water when I say hydro…
I like to do a 72 hour darkness and 0 ppm if possible for 72 hours… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

distilled is pretty extreme? But ok I suppose? Are you making your own or buying it?

1 Like

I have been using distilled from the beginning. I buy it but it’s pretty cheap.

1 Like