What would work better?

Hello community,

I would like to try my hand at growing outdoors this year. My problem and question is the soil in my area is terrible mostly all clay rock and slate. Would I be better off to use pots? Or just dig holes and make my own soil to put in the ground? If pots how big should I use to grow big plants? Thanks everyone…:grin:

1 Like

Pots start off small as they grow then use bigger pots .iv even used 40 gallon trash cans for monster plants .you have to realize that your root system is almost half of your total plant

1 Like

3 Likes

Welcome back! I have planted in prepared holes,And also pots outside. One advantage to pots You can move them for whatever reason you might need to. Good luck with your outside venture.

2 Likes

Thank you! Also thank you for the input seems like pots definitely has its advantages for our situation I do like the idea of being able to move em any recommendations on a good outdoor beginner strain?

1 Like

I suggest read the Breeders guide Pick the strain that best fits Your climate and environment. That’s what I usually do.

1 Like

Best way dig a hole snd fill with good soil. We have a ton of clay in the ground.

1 Like

I’m in the us how long has it been taking to get orders? Also should I start soon or wait til may I’m in the midwest

Most orders take about 2 to 3 weeks since the seeds are coming in from Europe.

1 Like