What week of fox farm chart would be best to maintain a mother

Would really appreciate some help here with my mothers I have nice beautiful mother I’m focusing on for clones, I have been feeding week 4 from fox farm feeding chart 6.0 ph 750 ppm either want to confirm if I should continue to do it this way if I’m doing it right or if there’s another method or form of maintaining a mother for clones plant has not given me any issues since day one what should I do? Continue doing what I’m doing or is there another way of maintaining a mother that is in advance for any help

How long do you plan on keeping the mother? Can you post the chart you’re using along with water schedule? Ie I feed every third watering at half strength and water roughly every 2 days

Feeding just enough to maintain health, in a smaller pot, and really doesn’t need 18 hrs of light either! I would think a feeding chart would set for max growth, which is what you don’t want with a mother

1 Like

@Sirsmokesalot week 4 from that chart only usin big bloom and grow big 3 tsp of each to a gallon check for ppm not to pass 750, I would really only want to get 2-3 rounds of clones from her about 15-20 clones each round I have other mothers I get clones from but always maintained them the same way never had an issue but wanted to know if I was doing it right or what would be better way to maintain a mother

@Sirsmokesalot I feed every 2 days I have her in a 3 gallon pot and pot is light and near dry every 2 days

@Holmes i have her on 18/6

Take this with a grain of salt - I would keep doing what you’re doing if you’re seeing the results you want. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broken! If you do run into issues (yellowing growing faster than you’d like, this is what I’d do:

I would cut the bloom and just use grow big. That’s more of an all purpose heavy N nutrient mix. That’s what you’ll want. Cut what you’re feeding her in half (so just grow big at 1.5 tsp)

Can you show pic of plant? Might need to move her up to a 5… when you press outside ring around medium, is it firm vs spongy? She’ll start yellowing if too much P as well as root bound.

@Sirsmokesalot

1 Like

@Holmes would you happen to know when do you start counting the 1st week on newly cut clones

If you are talking about feeding, they say you can give them what the mother was getting, which makes sense. I usually take it back about 250 ppms and work up from there, never had a problem!

@Holmes I mean at which week do clones start like a crop has 4 weeks veg 8 weeks flower, when do I start counting my 1st week? When I start to see roots or

1 Like

Once you see new growth is established, if you want to count? There is no specific veg. time, just when the girl is ready, you take her to the dance!

1 Like

Are you comfortable supercropping? Can delay growth vertical and even out some of those clones. She looks great tho super healthy :+1:

Super cropping is when you bend the main stem correct? @Sirsmokesalot

Yup a very harsh break almost. Slows down vertical growth and sends nutes to smaller cola sites

1 Like

@Sirsmokesalot

1 Like

They look great!!