What water does everyone use

So I’m currently using distilled water 25l costs about £40 I’m trying to see what everyone else uses to save abit of money??

1 Like

Tap water through a filter I bought a house filter from Bunnings it takes out chlorine, fluoride and any other nasties and for about the cost of 6 months worth of your bottled water will buy one around 200-300 Australian for a decent one that your not replacing the cartridge every month

1 Like

I bought this cheap portable R/O filter to screw into my sinks for 70 bucks. It takes my 300+ppm tap water down to less then 5ppm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L3JWT2D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9GawDb4N643V0

2 Likes

I’ve ran just tap water. First year was city water, past 2.5-3 years just well water with no problems

3 Likes

Anybody on here water with well water? I have a couple questions. @kellydans @OldSchoolGrower @Oldguy @Cyle1 or know anyone on here who does?

1 Like

I’m on a well.

1 Like

Good deal. Here recently I have noticed ph swings in water out the tap. Meaning, like last night. First gallon I measured ph and it has high 5s. Next gallon was mid 6s. My meter is calibrated and on point so just wondering if that is normal?

1 Like

Another question to whoever. What’s a good way to store rain water. I think I may switch over and see what happens

1 Like

I’ve never really looked at it like that. I usually just fill up buckets and aerate them for a few hours, then check if I’m doing water only. If I’m mixing I don’t even bother checking until after mixing and letting stand a while.

1 Like

So how do you adjust the ph in the water?
Also what do you do about the chemicals

I use tap water which is super hard. Excellent results so far.

2 Likes

I use general hydroponics ph up and down. I have a H/M digital and apera and a cheap $20 ph meter to check with

2 Likes

Ppm outta the tap is 350ish. When I boil water in a pan I have a white substance above the water line

1 Like

Almost exactly what I have…I do warm the water to 70 F and bubble it for a day before watering.

1 Like

Really? I take my blunt tip syringe and fill and shoot into water and I see the water bubble from the water I just shot in. I do that for a couple minutes. But as you water down into pot, wouldn’t all the air just go up and out or do you do it to get the chlorine out? I don’t have that problem. I turn on tap into jugs, mix what needs mixed and water

2 Likes

I do water with well water 6.2 ph. At the faucet TDS around 300

1 Like

As you aerate the water, O2 dissolves and is available for the roots to absorb.

3 Likes

Do you check your ph before you adjust it? I’ve noticed mine swings before I add anything

I do check the pH it does swing a little but not much usually a couple of drops maybe 3 of of ph up will get me on The Sweet Spot.

1 Like

I use city tap water and haven’t had a problem so far. I went to the water Dept and they gave me a chart of all their water test, ppm and pH test for the last 12 months. It was all within specs to grow. I didn’t think about it after that. Could end up biting me in the butt tho.

3 Likes