What type of water source for organic soil?

My tap ppm is 250, hows that in relation to living soil?

1 Like

What organic soil do you use?

I believe 24hr sitting in milk jug chlorinate goes away right?

250 is about perfect if you get something like this :point_down: you could water straight from the hose

That’s the one I used for a long time but have changed to this :point_down: one it ends up cheaper because you replace the filters once a year

@Powderburn1 chlorine does vent off if you leave your water out but a lot of water companies are going to chloramine and it doesn’t vent off so make sure you check with your water company. A filter will clean up other crap this is what my nutrient supplier says about what water they recommend

@pr

I’ve changed my opinion on this. I used vitamin C to naturalize the chloramine and it brought down the ph making things all rosey but it actually built up in my soil and caused issues. As soon as I stuck a filter back on the hose and stopped using the vitamin C (ascorbic acid) I haven’t had a problem. I was told using calmag will do the same, build up in the soil and cause problems, so I no longer recommend using it. Here’s what TGSC says about calmag :point_down::point_down:

My plants are happier now with filtered 580ppm water with a 7.8 ph mixed 50/50 with ro water to bring down the tds to 300 ppm … I was worried about the near 600 ppm but I’m now testing using the tap straight and haven’t seen any changes yet

:point_down: copy paste from my notes :point_down:

Cal-mag

The components with the most Calcium and Magnesium in Earth Dust are Azomite and Limestone.

We are dependent on the microbiome to break down the amended nutrients and get them bioavailable for the plant at a rate that will keep up with with the plants demand for nutrients. If you find that the plants demand is higher than what is immediately available in the medium, additional supplementation may be required.

This is why the “cooking” process is so important. The more time you are able to allow your medium to cook prior to transplanting, the more the microbes will have had time to do their work and the plant will have more bioavailable nutrients at its disposal out of the gate.

We have found that the plants need more available Magnesium than Calcium. Especially the last few weeks of veg and first three weeks of flowering.

Calcium demand is highest at the third week of flowering when the plant is in its stretch phase and the amount of building blocks for cell production is at its peak.

Some Calcium and Magnesium supplements have been highly acidified. Our grow team prefers to foliar spray the additional supplementation when it is required. A micronized Calcium/ Magnesium supplement works best for foliar applications

4 Likes

Not sure how im just now seeing this, but thats great info. Thanks for posting all this!

1 Like

I have pretty hard water. Ph above 8. My living soil does fine with it. Was using Vc for clorine but stopped. Havent had an issue. Living soil has a wide ph range and is some tough stuff. If you dry it out make a tea from your base. 2-3 tblspn in a gallon of water. Shake well…use immediatly. If it sits the good guys die and all you get is a liquid fertilizer. If need a quick fert boost then same thing…let sit overnight.

:laughing: I thought you saw this and that’s why you were buying the filter earlier

1 Like

The microbes have plenty of molasses and other carbs to eat this :point_down: is how TGSC suggests making a tea . I don’t do much tea but when I have I leave it overnight shaking it every once in a while

1 Like

That is for a feed. To restart the microbes they suggest a quick mix and pour. Watched about 2 hours of the crazy stoned guy give a seminar. For feeding the 24 hours is correct. For microbes restart a quick mix is needed. Sorry to chime in @MeEasy but they give us 3 or 4 stages and results for time in water before using. Longer soak = better nutrients. Shorter = stronger microbe boost.
Earth Dust How To Video Course – The Green Sunshine Company
The Green Sunshine Company
Apr 20, 2021.
About halfway down the page he gives 3 types of tea from ED.

That’s good to know, I definitely don’t claim to be a tes person i personally think they’re a waste of time and you get the exact results just top dressing dust, compost, Dynomyco, etc. As long as you keep the top moist that is

2 Likes

I agree but dried out a couple plants and killed the microbes I am sure. Kinda panicked here and decided to watch the TGSC guy. He is great. TOTALLY wasted but great. It worked. They took off and finished well.

1 Like

I love earth dust but once I get settled into my new growroom I have a few different products I’m going to give a try so I can get away from TGSC

2 Likes

Having probs man?

1 Like

I’m not trying to badmouth anyone that’s not who I am. The best way I can say it is they make me feel like I’m bothering them

1 Like

Copy that. I go where i feel appreciated also. Havent chatted with them in months. Man if you find better and the key word…easier…I will try it.

1 Like