What type of Promix?

Hey guys…I’m trying to gather all my supplies for my first grow in about 40 years !

I’m seeing different types of Promix soil… hopefully the pictures downloaded…Will any of the Promix pictured work ? Thanks for any help …

1 Like

I am currently using the top one but am interested in responses

1 Like

Hey…do you have a grow going now ?..if so could you tag me …

1 Like

Not sure if the promix users aren’t active or what. But I think a lot of them use promix bx, and I feel like I’ve seen the myco mentioned a few times too.

1 Like

I think you will be fine using any of those. I would look and see if any of them list any nutrients in them.

Yea I’ve seen the BX mentioned but I cannot find the BX in my area…

1 Like

They all listed some nutrients…

1 Like

I wish I could help more, sorry!

You could try Google search, type in type of soil and add “for growing weed” lol. It should pull hits from all the forums.

4 Likes

@Kcdaniels I haven’t used any of that soil, first time grower here, I used fox farm ocean forest. (Also limited selection in remote Alaska) Make sure to tag me using the @ so I can follow along when you start it all! Love reading about what others do.
Here’s mine:

1 Like

I’m going to tag @Countryboyjvd1971. He grows (or is going to be growing) in promix so he might be able to give you some insight into the different types.
I grow in sunshine mix #4 which is similar to promix.

2 Likes

I cannot read the bags but, any of them should work. Just make sure there are no fertilizer or time delay fertilizer added.

3 Likes

Anyone use this?

Recipe 420

 Ideal for: potted plants
 Ingredients: premium aged fir bark, coir, sphagnum peat moss, pumice, earthworm castings, seabird guano, crab meal, humic acids, mycorrhizal fungi and other beneficial soil bacteria.
 Available Sizes: 1.5 cu. ft.
 Registered Organic?: Yes (CDFA)
 Notes: Recipe 420 contains beneficial, organic fertilizers which enhances the growth of your plants. Mycorrhizae, for example, are beneficial fungi which extends the root system of your plants, allowing it to absorb more nutrients. Like other potting soils, Recipe 420 can be used as a soil amendment in the ground.

4 Likes

Wow !..looks like that stuff is working great…lol

1 Like

Actually does I know a guy that uses nothing but this soil and his as I call them trees are bigger then these.

2 Likes

Thanks and I will when I start…if you could tag me in your grow …

1 Like

Ever heard of mendo dope? If not go to the members area / videos and check out a video I posted. It starts out looking like a music video but let it go a bit it isn’t its two young dudes that are I guess rappers but they grow and they have some ridiculous grows.

1 Like

Is it good for seedlings as well?

Never used it but he swares by it.

@Kcdaniels

ProMix BX is the best one it is a soil less mix that needs water at 5.8pH
Ingredients:
Canadian Sphagnum peat moss (75-85% by volume)
Perlite.
Vermiculite.
Dolomitic & Calcitic limestone (pH adjuster)
Wetting agent.
Mycorrhizae.
Biofungicide.

7 Likes

That’s the one I’ve been looking for…but my area Florida I can’t find it…I’m in Michigan now and the Promix pictured are the only ones I can find…