What type of nutes are you using?

the bottom is Temp of water

Yes, that’s the temperature.

1 Like

@raustin Thank you
If you’d like to continue your conversation with this particular user at length, send them a personal message.

1 Like

@raustin
Crap I Didn’t even know there was a summary of you,Very Nice
But still see no where to sent a personal message LMAO

PM is only a mod option

@Donaldj Thank you Been looking for awhile since seen that,
Do I have to be here I can Write about myself like I seen @raustin Beautiful summary of herself

Trying to establish how your meter is reading EC like it’s touching copper I would expect ppm numbers that high but not EC which is divided by 500 to equal EC

1 Like

IDK I thought that’s the one @raustin told me to get,But I’m Probably wrong LOL

it’s a ( Goodes) From Amazon

if you are starting with well water it is quite possible that it is hardwater? I don’t know if you have water softener which also changes readings EC is conductivity so water heavy in iron salts or minerals with good conductivity would mess with readings. My meter has EC/TDS/PPM being lazy I use ppm :wink: and experience to judge and set levels it is possible the meter is out do you have a calibrating solution?

1 Like

I use well water,no water softener The well water comes out 7.1 I use PH Down for my pool so use that to get PH to 6.5, For PH Meter I have solution to Calibrate it and Holding solution
For EC Meter did not know there was something like that, when I turn it on it show’s 0000 and on bottom the temp

Bad that would throw EC out on it’s own PH up and Down for fish tanks and growing are different chemicals

2 Likes

do you have bottled water most label tds on them from there you have closer idea as to meters accuracy and how conversions should be changed

2 Likes

I’ll Have to go to store to see if they have that
I’m in Florida so who Knows, This is Just God’s waiting room LMAO But I’m Honest on that

So I need to order what kind of PH up and Down?

And a Lady I know that been growing for a while says she always add’s Calcium to her water. I Don’t Know Why she does that? Would you? or anybody?

1 Like

The Bottled water my wife drinks is from Wal-Mart Great Value purified by reverse osmosis
PH 6.8 EC 0056

Is that Good?

1 Like

Maybe for your plants, but for human consumption is best to drink alkaline water and that is 7+ pH :wink:

2 Likes

@Donaldj @M4ur
LOL I don’t drink water at all
What about Rain water? PH 7.2 EC 0006

OK I’m Old so had to get magnifying glass to read fine print on EC meter
It Does Have PPM So wife’s bottle water is PH 6.8 PPM 0056

Rain Water PH 7.2 PPM 0013

Now the well water that I used with the Pool PH Down reads
Well water started at PH7.7 down to 6.5 PPM 3128
Neighbor that use’s well water PH 7.2 PPM o637

I Don’t understand Her’s are 2 week’s Newer then mine and 5 times the size

says a lot

RO units are fairly consistent I would say your meter is reading in the thousands since most RO bottled water is labeled .oo ppm so .69 EC

same scenario distilled water in essence
Pool meters measure in tds/ppm too so may be able to find one local? do you have instructions from your meter

2 Likes

That is definitely reading in PPMs mate. :v:

1 Like

yes that’s how i found out about the PPM

2 Likes

That is very high EC. @Rick3 Depending on what kind of meter u have( there are 3 different calculations never figured out mine so lol) when it shows EC I never go higher then 2200. For the ph down i have, it gives no reading on the EC.

2 Likes