What type of deficiency do you think?

PH is around 7.2 to 7.8 according to my two meters. Im feeding full amount recommended by fox farm on Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom. Also some cal-mag.

Your Ph is too high. And when you say “around” 7.2-7.8, you should know exactly what that Ph is. I’m guessing you don’t have a good Ph meter, so you’ll want to get one because it’s the most important tool to a good grow. Your Ph should be between 6.3 and 6.8 if you’re in soil.

5 Likes

@raustin is a 100% correct about a good meter and your ph being way to high…
But what your plants are telling you is that your over feeding them and your high ph could also be contributing to the high nutrient uptake… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks! Think i should cut all nuts in half next time?

1 Like

Well, if you get your Ph down then your nutes will be fine. What @peachfuzz was saying is that when your Ph is off then you get nute lockout, which means that some nutes can’t be absorbed while others are in abundance. Just get your Ph under control and you’ll see an improvement.

5 Likes

Since the authors problem got solved :smiley:
anybody got an opinion on this? First time grower, concerned something is wrong

Hi stvn13, definately scale down on your nutrient strength , the burnt tips on the leaves are a sure sign of too much fertilizer. As others have stated your ph is too high, should be around 6.3 to 6.8 for soil.It would be wise to flush the pot with some plain water to remove some of the residual nutrient salts and when the soil is dry again start your nutrients again but at a much more diluted concentration.

2 Likes

@raustin @peachfuzz are absolutely on point get the ph lower in 6.3-6.8 range and youll see improvements
Good call guys

3 Likes

@raustin- can you recommend a good ph meter? I am ordering one today off amazon. I could use a recommendation

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-Value-Pocket-Tester/dp/B078NPH1W3?tag=greenrel-20

Heres one many on the forum use @markymark

6 Likes

a very good inexpensive and accurate meter

1 Like

I have the apera ph20. It seems to work well, but I do have to calibrate it often. Fortunately it came with both pH 7 and pH 4 solutions for calibration.

1 Like

How do you store the meter? Just curious I have the same meter and I store it in 4 pH solution and seem to be staying right on point but then again I have only had it for short time. Now that I think of it I best check mine just to make sure.

I’m still not sure how to store my Apera, but I also keep it in the 4ph solution.