What triggers outdoor to flower?

OK so if I’m growing outdoor in south Australia my longest day is December 22nd with 14.5 hours between sunrise and sunset. The days don’t reduce to 12 hours or less until March 22nd. Roughly when will my girls finish veg and start to flower??? If they veg for much longer I may have to cull a lot of camouflage tomatoes to make some more room. Any idea when I should start seeing some pistols?

2 Likes

Around March then, that’s what triggers them,the shorter days

2 Likes

Your On point @Nug-bug :+1:

3 Likes

12/12 lighting is just what we use to force indoor plants into flower. Outdoors they will actually start to flower before you get to 12/12. Not long before, but a few weeks.

1 Like

That’s good news.

Earlier the better for this girl. She’s already nearly big enough, another 4 months of veg and she’d smother my other girls and wipe out my tomatoes and chilli’s with her sights set on taking over the lemon lime tree lol.

2 Likes

Bro I’m in nsw and about February late early march i usually get harvest before April put it that way

1 Like

Lol she’s going to get so much bigger bro that’s probably only half the size before she’s done :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Out doors plants with start to flower when sunlight drops below 14 hours per day
Some plants will even start early if they are shaded enough
Happy growing

3 Likes

Around Australia day feels a heap better then mid march, thanks guys.

2 Likes