What to use to disinfect grow room with bud rot?

What should i use to disinfect my my grow room after a round of bud rot?@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @MeEasy @Budz @Hellraiser

2 Likes

A dilute mix of hydrogen peroxide. I mix 4 parts water to 1 part peroxide.

3 Likes

Virex, perdiem (accelerated h202), bleach, h202 (peroxide), alcohol, clorox spray… almost anything that “kills germs”. Virex kills everything… everything.

https://www.amazon.com/Diversey-5019317-One-Step-Disinfectant-Deodorant/dp/B005NJVT1W?tag=greenrel-20

Bleach is acceptable as long as you’re not putting plants in a container. Walls and tent sides are fine. Bleach leaves a residue, for anything plants are going in I recommend the peroxide like MidwestGuy suggested.

2 Likes

Not sure I like the sound of that?? The everything, everything part…just saying.

[quote=“MidwestGuy, post:2, topic:79207”]
hydrogen peroxide
Is the way to go the only way TO be safe and let it dry fully I did this before anything Soaked the walls and floor and ceiling with a strong mix

1 Like

Peroxide to clean all surfaces.

Plus, Microbium mold killer and preventative. It’s salt based and kills mold on contact, plus prevents new spores from invading. Safe around plants and pets.

3 Likes

You can use 3% hydrogen peroxide right out of the bottle - the stuff you’d find in a drug store or grocery store, works great! Higher strengths should be diluted for your safety though.

The nice thing about hydrogen peroxide is that you don’t have to worry about any fumes or odors doing you in!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the information!! @LandShark @blackthumbbetty @spudeater65 @Audiofreak @Covertgrower @Budz @MidwestGuy

4 Likes

Shoot. Sorry. It’s actually this stuff. I always misremember the name. I’ve been using this for 3 years, now. After my tents are empty and I’ve done the hydrogen peroxide wipe down of everything, I then spray EVERY SQUARE INCH of the tents and grow area with this stuff. Zero smell. Incredibly safe. Might leave a white residue on things. The trigger sprayer and fogger sprayer both work equally well, but the fogger gets more coverage with its mist.

The proxide mix is what most people use. .
But anything that kills germs can be used on tent, may be a good idea to give it a good rinse with plan water if you use bleach or some sorta detergent type of products just to remove any residue…

But proxide and water is going be what most use.

3 Likes

Same here, 50/50 mix, spray and wipe everything including fans.

1 Like