What to do with trim?

3 days ago i just harvested my first plant ever. I wet trimmed and not sure what do do with some of the leaves i have here. I saved ones that had trichomes thinking I could use this to make hash or something. Never did this before. However all my youtube research i seen much smaller trim and not leaves this size as mine. Is there any use of what i have here? Not sure if im doing it right. I just want to save my trim for now but i dont want to save anything useless.

3 Likes

I freeze every single piece of vegetation I trim off. Then, when I have a few bags full, I make bubble hash.

2 Likes

Just confused because i see smaller trim from others. Think what i have i should keep all of it? Do you freeze it immediately?

1 Like

Anything is better than nothing!!! Lol yes freeze it build it up over time and the screen it or trim always makes good tea or eddys :joy:. What strain is it from!

1 Like

Nice Frosty trim, @blackthumbbetty would be my go to on trim.

3 Likes

Yup, part of the cleanup after trimming is freezing it.

2 Likes

I give a fast hair cut of exterior leaves and anything I don’t want to taste after dry. Dry, then during curing process I’ll give a final trim to make the product look clean and nice

During this final trim I keep what I cut off and use for edibles, everything else goes into the compost pile for the vege garden

If you really wanna keep all the leaves, I’d look into dry ice shake method of removing trichomes from the leaves.

After a run or two of doing that you’ll be able to decide for yourself if it’s worth the effort or not

2 Likes

This is from 15g (after it was screened) dry trim sugar leaves. Trim was dried & cured and then frozen.

Yum

It came from this trim. The bud was dried for 5 or 6 days and I collected the sugar leaf trim. Put it in jars to cure and dry further.

5 Likes

The dry ice method is alot easier then doing an ice water wash for sure. Just grab a 120 micron bag and some dry ice. Mix the dry ice with all the trim and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then you can shake the micron bag over a mirror or something flat and smooth. Start shaking on one side and every 10 seconds move over a little. The hash will get greener and greener as you shake it from the plant material getting broken up. Whenever you scrape it all up you can store the first bit of shake in a different container then the rest…that’s gonna be your most potent stuff

10 Likes

Zkittles lol

2 Likes

I personally like making bho with my trim. Its got the best terps in my opinion. The darker tint is goodleaf and the lighter tint is superskunk

I hope your making your BHO outside & if that is a hand held unit I hope its in someone else’s hand (really nobodys hand) wouldn’t want to lose you. Stay safe

1 Like

I appreciate the concern but I have made it over 10 times if not a little more and I understand the dangers that it could potentially cause and I know the precautions that I’m supposed to take to ensure that I stay safe during the extraction cuz it can build pressure in a blowing up on you but I know basically when I need to let off and not let that pressure get out of hand it’s something you kind of catch onto as you do it more

1 Like

just thinking of yer safety. Heard of people getting burned & worse. Haven’t done it yet but wanna try it sometime.

1 Like

It does get so cold that you can get freezer burn but I’ve never I’ve never had any Burns or anything bad yet and hopefully never happens because there are precautions that you should take to avoid having serious danger from it. I take this serious cuz I know it can blow up so I keep that in mind when handling it so I go in cautious. And I appreciate you showing concern

1 Like

And keep in mind I’m a small-scale grower I only grow from myself and I just do it purely as a hobby and enjoyment and passion so its not like I’m making a large amount of BHO that requires alot of butane. I’m doing just doing a small personal amount extraction

1 Like