I make cannabutter by decarboxylating the leaves and trim and buds. Then I simmer the stuff for an hour and a half with butter and water. I filter that through cheesecloth stretched into a bag around a ring so I have really nice, clean butter. But then, I was so bummed to throw out the remaining buttery leaves, stems, etc. So I found a dynamite recipe for spinach appetizer balls, and transformed it into:
- 1 oz. marijuana leaves, trimming, buds, etc., after boil & drain to make cannabutter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheese (use fine grated; I use about 6 oz cheddar blends and 2 oz parmesan)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (or other herb blend to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup panko crumbs (I use crushed Rice Chex for gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 310 degrees
- Add butter marjuana leavings to a mixing bowl & break up with a fork
- Add eggs, cheese, herbs, salt, pepper & garlic powder and mix.
- Add Panko Crumbs (or Chex) and mix all together.
- Roll into balls (about 1/2 inch diameter) using hands and/or spoon.
- Bake at 310 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown & crunchy.
NOTE. I recommend freezing most of these and baking only the few you and friends will eat at a time. They are lovely and crispy when fresh baked. But they don’t store well and get moldy if kept too long. Freeze and enjoy at leisure! You can bake the frozen ones at 310 for the same 30 minutes.
A very slow, long lasting high. Not super powerful, but very pleasant!