Almost 2 months old what happened never grew and now budding

6 Likes

what strain is it? also an auto?

3 Likes

Aww! :heart_eyes: Itā€™s just a baby!

You could re-veg if itā€™s photoperiod.

4 Likes

Gold leaf feminized

Yup. If sheā€™s a photo feminized, u can set light hours back to 18/6 and sheā€™ll start growing foliage again. If an auto? It is what it is. Wont amount to very much but ull get some smoke

2 Likes

My grow bro @noddykitty1 would know just what to doā€¦. :grin: :ninja: I think heā€™s working on a re-veg right now.

1 Like

@Lnnicholas ,

First what light cycle was it on then? 12/12? Or veg? If it was long cycle that may be just one to sacrifice to the weed gods. It would be doing some sort of auto flower thenā€¦

Anyways, Thanks for the bait Currdogg. I usually hit them with pollen right about then. I have found that the plants will take pollen, ripen seeds, and revegetate all at once. It will not slow it down. You are waiting 6-8 weeks to get a flowering lollipop like that to reveg anyway. I have many times ran SISTER cuts from the same mom and found they revege the same with or without seeds. Here is a Durban x strawberry cough f1 that I pollinated with its brother right at Christmas. It has vegetated, with seeds. I have just enough time to harvest the seeds and replant the clone outdoor on Motherā€™s Day.

This usually happens to me when I get busy in the fall (harvestšŸ˜œ) and forget to bring my outdoor clones in for the long light. Ha.

6 Likes

If you donā€™t pollinate crank em up to 20 or 24on for 2 weeks. Then drop them to 18on. I have found giving them a clear long light signal helps them to transition into veg faster.

Yours is probably too small to do this, but I usually trim back the flower material (sans seeds scenario) to the main stems and leaves. If I want them to veg faster. Like pinching back basil or spinach thatā€™s bolted. I have found this to cut the reveg time in half. If itā€™s early in flower sometimes you can reveg it like it never went to bloom. If you pinch back the floral grows. I cannot prove it, but my theory is if you remove the flowering parts you remove the lingering flower hormones faster. And stimulate new growth.

3 Likes

Here is another one. It has been Bansai since this past august first. It is in a 1.5ā€ strawberry pot.
I is an irie genetics strawberry starburst that I pollinated with a dj short Flo male. I hit this one more recently with pollen so it has not reveged yet. But it is on 20on now and should reveg soon. I usually Bansai in 4ā€ pots so the 1.5ā€ this year was an experiment. I think it did pretty good.

Here was daddy Flo. My friend was doing Flo and I was there by chance the day he sexed this boy. I said that boy is coming home with meā€¦ ha.

2 Likes

Root bound as well in that small peat cup :love_you_gesture:

Strawberry Starburst x DJ Short Flo?!?! Omfg I bet thats a terpy cross! The smells should be like fruity flavored skunky heavenā€¦

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74, seems like a match made in heaven, right?

The irony is I am not popping any of my own seeds this year. Just the grow buddies will get some to try. This year I am trying some commercial crosses GG. I need a terpy winner. The GG in my humble opinion is great mold resistance, excellent trichomes, but meh on the terps. I am popping these this year to do a ruthless pheno hunt. Then I will work the winners back into my keeper lines. Looking for terps and mold resistance. Or the other way around. Ha

2 Likes

Great Lakes Genetics has some really wicked looking GG crosses. One of the cultivars works exclusively with that and bubblegum (working more strains into those lineups).

He had quite a few GG crosses that really grabbed my attention. And its NEVER stood out to me. Soso smoke, soso yields, soso terpsā€¦ a few have looked REALLY good but that piney ā€˜good weedā€™ smell has gotten old to my nose.

Edit: Tony Greenā€™s Tortured Beans

3 Likes

Thanks for tip, I will check it out. GG isnā€™t my favorite either. But I respect the mold resistance. I do all my yielding outdoor (near seattle) so mold resistance is the #1 trait I select for. I figure I can always amp up the trichomes and flavor, but there is nothing worse than having your buds get moldy. Here itā€™s like once Labor Day rolls by, the morning dew will turn lesser strains to mush sticks. Right about the time your bud starts looking like a cover glam shot.

I hate to admit it, but I almost feel like I enjoy making seeds more than flower these days. Trimming is always a PITA.

3 Likes

I completely understand. I enjoy the thought experiment that comes with breeding almost as much as smoking. N growing had become more addicted then blazing most strains a year or 2 ago.

Safe to say ILGM haha

2 Likes

What are yall using to get seed for yourself now days

1 Like

Depends on what youre looking for in the smoke

How to answer that, as Iā€™m growing I would like to pollinate one bud on my plant of choice at that time, back in the early 80s I had pollen, we in the 2022 I donā€™t have none, but Iā€™m old school as Iā€™m 63, so I still believe in generations of my plants. What do we do now days

1 Like

Ahh. When im about to make some seeds. I prefer to drop a solid amount of regular seeds to sorta phenohunt a good male. Want him strong fast (not too fast to flower tho :wink:) and especially pungent. The funkier the better. Some even find males that produce trichsā€¦ tho ive never been so lucky.

Isolate ur choice stud. Wrap him in a bag, n shake that baby batter loose. Then u have options. U can pollenate a whole female plantā€¦ or u can get a paint brush and select branches to dust.

That answer ur question?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s was solid and educational Brother Purp! Appreciate that :love_you_gesture:

1 Like