What to do with bud rot

Unless you’re a thousand percent sure that’s what it is, I would keep it apart from any other plants you might have and keep a very close eye on her… just my two cents friend. It would be a shame to lose all your work for one plant… :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Good day … I was wondering if you can wash buds that are cured and dry and seem pretty perfect to get rid of residuals from the grow that you can’t see. Or can this only be done at fresh harvest. Just noodling. Thank you for your awesome feedback and kindness.

You are the man Kap this sister is isolated In A pot on her own. . Thank you. Great advise as always. I agree it is time … Scalpel please!!! Thank you again.

We should always keep a close eye on things…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Have a great day!

4 Likes

No not cured, dry buds… you don’t want to get them wet. No need to start doubting yourself - you would have caught it like you did this time.

2 Likes

I guess parr for the course. Second guessing is cray and around this time of the season I start doing it! Appreciate the vote of confidence. I hope you and all of yours are well.

2 Likes

Good day all. Quick q on another one. I am don’t mean to be so needy. Thank you. Do you think this is another changing sister. Possibly pull her.

she is right next my my gold leF as follows. thank you sisters and brothers. Sacs like the first one don’t even question?? :star_struck:

1 Like

Those looks like swollen calyxes, which would be perfectly normal… As long as they are soft and squishy and have pistils coming out of them, I would not worry. But I would still keep a really close eye on them…
What do you say @Covertgrower. @Oldguy ?

I may be mistaken, that’s why I’m asking for a second opinion! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I agree. Looks good to me.

1 Like

I agree too. Def swollen Calyx. :+1:
:v:

2 Likes

If there’s any doubt you could always open one up to look inside. there’s a spot of brown on the top flower in the first picture I would double check on.

2 Likes

Keep an eye on it.

3 Likes

Thank you so so much. It’s amazing how good that can make you feel. I am all faclempt! Thank you for all of your knowledge and genuine concern. Would you still be feeding at this point? Pleasant valley Sunday. Dying to share a sampling of pics of garden. Thank you all!

1 Like

Yes, worm/caterpillar damage very similar looking to bud rot, I spray BT weekly for caterpillars, I’m not spraying mine again this season because of the smoke and ash, out of concerns for mold & mildew. If I see a worm I squelch them manually :heart:

1 Like

Thank you Biggy. Found a couple this morning again. Everything is taking on weight. All look beautiful. How is everyone making it? 50 degrees here! Burr.

1 Like

So if you think you have a couple two tree weeks left. Would you still strengthen w nutes? Thank you all.

When I was using soil and nutes I used water only for the last 2 weeks. Better taste and smell with the finished buds.

1 Like

Are you using chemical or organic nutrients?
If chemical I don’t know if using organic you can keep top dressing and no need to flush. Flushing is needed with those man made chemical nutrients to clean things up. I say if I have to flush to make the final product better why use that stuff in the first place.

1 Like

Skydiver is a hippie - all natural. The other 90% of the population flush. LoL seriously though the idea is to have a low ppm count when nearing the end. What is your r/o reading now and go from there. Try and get it atleast around 300 or lower. Main word is try, I’ve harvested plants off the charts and you can tell surely. I think getting a current runoff will tell you. But like Rap said the idea is to go water the last week atleast of not several to get that number down.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll go water w tiny amount of nutes . I am organic. I normally quite honestly do not flush due to being organic. So much more knowledge to worry about as this is a passion for many of us all striving for basically the same goal. As well as the peroxide and water bath after harvest. New for me. Makes perfect sense. I just really can’t wait!! Does anybody have insight on a trimmer for a small grow. It would be nice to get this job ,as romantic as it is, just done. I was looking at the spin pro and another one that had “unplugged” Maybe a Trimimator ? in the title. Have always hand trimmed although iwb nice to get em Done and right to dry and cure. The weird thing to me is that you wouldn’t hang plants? Just drying buds? Good day all and thank you again and I hope everyone is well. . .

:v:

1 Like