What to do with bud rot

Agreed with both of you.

3 Likes

What I do know isā€¦if you let a plant go to long and it browns upā€¦ then the brown hairs and leaves are much more susceptible to holding moisture which will bring on the rot. I had this happen with some outside girls and itā€™s a fact. I wasnā€™t even thinking they were ready then I broke out the scope and it was 100% dark amber/black tarā€¦lol that led to rotting. That was strictly my outside girls. Nothing you can do with it just take it in the gut & LEARN FROM IT!! Because learning is funā€¦lol

2 Likes

I agree with everyone or is that just an easy way out for my indecisiveness. This is a picture of girlfriend and thereā€™s probably a big handful of somewhat younger sisters that looks super healthy and super big

do you think possibly light air from a fan to dry her out a little. She looks to have a ton of sugar. Also If it is spreading fast I guess cut her.

2 Likes

Investigating a little closer the entire thing is rotting. :thinking:

1 Like

Do you have any white webbing or black/brown wet sludge? Those are the 2 ends of the spectrum with rot. Itā€™s either wet, slimy or dry, webby and spreading LMAO. Either way sucks right!

1 Like

Btw ā€¦nice to meet ya, lol great site youā€™ll learn stuff if your open and honest and willing to listen and work. We have all made every bone headed stoned eff up there is. Iā€™ve burnt plantsā€¦lmao literally. Oh that was funny. Killed them with hot soil thinking I knew how to compost which I still donā€™t. But itā€™s a rewarding hobby man. Keeps me outta trouble too!

2 Likes

And didnā€™t you use a flamethrower on your last bud rot too? :wink:

4 Likes

Somewhat rot averse?

1 Like

It was a very small bonfireā€¦thank you very much

2 Likes

So do you think save the parts that dont seem to have rot and GIVE them a soak and get em drying. The lower branches of course have smaller non rotten buds. Very white hairs. Some hairs are brown. As you get higher ( no pun intended) moisture is heavier as well as the buds and some what darker postalā€™s. Trichomes seem to be pretty clear still. This has been going for 4 months. How are yo? Very humid here. Ty

1 Like

Do you think the bud rot that is involved will float away in the bath or would you hack out all of the back da that are challenged.

Because fire isnā€™t the Best solution, it is the Only solution! @CoyoteCody happy cake day!

1 Like

Negativeā€¦hack it off and immediate surrounding area. The bud wash will only lift away the light dusting of spores. It wonā€™t uncover mold from buds and bestow goodness underneathā€¦ LoL
As far as the clear trichs you donā€™t have a choice. It will spread and ruin more bud. Btw did you already give it a peroxide sprayā€¦1:4 w/ water. Sorry if I missed talking about that?

2 Likes

Edit: ^^^^^^thats with 3% peroxide, much less ratio w regā€¦ Thatā€™s a heavy mic anywho ā€¦Iā€™ve seen some go 1:6 but main thing is too high a concentrate will leave leaves crunchyā€¦

1 Like

I have not sprayed. I was thinking chop her and cut out the bad and bathe and dry the rest Looks to be spreading fast . Sometimes not sure what is good and what is bad on this puppy. It is all A very tight Cola Iā€™m gonna chop her down ( that hurt ) surgically remove rotten buds . Iā€™ll give her the h2o2 solution. Gotta make the move! Thank you. Can I rent a flame thrower?

3 Likes

thank you bro!

1 Like

Another slant on the issue. I brought girlfriend in. Trying to look her over close. I pulled burnt loose looking buds w rot. As I was exploring I found two like tomato freeking worms. Fat as could be. I squashed before I could share a pic. Is this the possible rot cause. Sending you a pic of what is left. Thanx brothers. ![image|375x500]i believers exhausted my search and only found two. (upload://hngDMk8evJmdwZL04HybXLH7esN.jpeg)

1 Like

Is it too late to use like a Neem oil spray? Peroxide type spray as suggested? Be nice to save her if it is just a bug challenge. Or, because of the incurred rot, weed out the bad and finish her season A tad early. Thank you again.

1 Like

Sounds like time to cut your losses and keep what you can for this grow. Next grow keep a close eye especially if grown in same area as this one.

Thank you so much! Many blessings! I sort of figured it out. This plant sits on the deck that sometiimEs has those silk worms spinning down from the trees. At certain times a Nisan was bit I never thought they could take up home in this plant. Weird. This has to be what it is. :bulb: Happy Friday all.

1 Like