What to do with bud rot

Continuing the discussion from Out of control 2020:

1 Like

Ok. So I went out this morning to some evolving gals. This year I went a month early with a couple. Do you think they will finish early. A pic enclosed of another possible dilemma/tragedy. Do you think this girl is going Hermi. This is a very full sista and this morning it showed some wires signs. This bud is like burnt and possibly changing sex. Any ideas? ![image|375x500] this is girlfriend as she looks at present. image image (upload://7j3CfRx6YVZo7zlXnHFQ34CMLSK.jpeg) So that is a coala from this plant. Good day all! :blush:

I am re sending that individual cola. Excuse the condition. Sat in a bin for 15 min outside. A lil droopy. Does this look like it is changing sex. Thanks.

image image image

3 Likes

Double check those funny colored leaves. Could be bud rot.

3 Likes

Would you just cut out what seems to be rot. Looks to be really on just this bud although I could get a little closer. That was also my first thought. I occasionally see the girls rubbing the fence. Could this cause it?thanks.

2 Likes

Could be, but usually has more to do with moisture sitting on the flowers, and not enough airflow, combined with natural bacteria in the environment. It’s a recipe for disaster.

3 Likes

I had 2 buds look like that on one plant once. I just cut them off tossed them and the rest was good. I was not sure if it was rot or light burn. But yours are outside so I dont think burn would be a problem.

2 Likes

Looks like rot. I have another one in a pot on my deck. All of a sudden everything is rotting. This baby has so much tlc. Omg. Ima freekin a little. Just like children. I planted this easily a month early. Looks like rot. Did I go way past mature into diminishing returns. Everything g going up seem to be rotting. Very moist situation today. I thought a big may have been eating eat. Some buds fell actually into the flower pot. Thank you.

I did cut a few out although looks to be spreading quite aggressively. If I post incorrectly I apologize. Which tab messages the entire forum. I hope everyone’s grow is cooperating and happy today. :pray:t2:

1 Like

You have to tag each grower individually, limited to 10 tags. Sorry to read about your bud rot.

1 Like

I’ll tag a few for you that I know dealt with bud rot… @LoCoRock, @Bulldognuts (not sure, but he’s really helpful and knowledgeable…)

Outstanding. Thank you for partnering.

From what I’ve seen on forum, really not much you can do except remove everything that is affected and change conditions that caused it.

2 Likes

And don’t forget to a bud wash after harvest.

3 Likes

And for your convenience :

4 Likes

Thanks kap!

1 Like

Team work my friend!

4 Likes

Yes. Thank you very much Cap. Dude I need George’s feeling all the time. So helpful. I thouhtw I may bring girlfriend in to possibly dry her out a little? Have been feeding maybe too frequently also. Will wash everything going forward. Super stuff. I did bump onto this once before researching. Thank you. Super vibe. A vibe for the world!! Would you get rid of all the rotters? I’m goiNg to change her condition temporarily to see if that helps. Could you chime in on maturity. The plants that is :grinning:I have been a creature of habit going from roughly 6/1 till about 10/23 for years. IS this sister possibly ready? . A lot of brown on the hairs. Pulling out the loop th check trikes. Me planting a month early has messed with my whole feel. Ya know? Ty.

1 Like

To my untrained eyes, you still have a couple of weeks to go. There’s lot of white pistils yet… What do you say friends… @CoyoteCody, @Bulldognuts @Covertgrower, to tag a few… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Minimum. But if the risk rot is high, wouldn’t be wrong to chop early either. Just save it. I don’t know how many other plants you may have, or if this is your only one.

2 Likes